Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
We’re not about coffee runs and boring busywork. Our Co-Op program is focused on development, culture and community. We’ll help you grow professionally, thrive in an award-winning work environment and make memorable connections with your co-workers and fellow co-ops and interns. The potential to make a real impact is exciting.The Finance & Accounting Co-Op will be working with finance professionals, supporting all divisions across SAS on a wide range of financial analysis, accounting operations, and tax projects. Candidates must be available to work a full time schedule (40 hours per week) throughout the duration of the program and join us from May 2020-December 2020.
We are looking for students interested in making an impact to our Finance organization. You’ll have the opportunity to take the skills you have learned in the classroom and use them in real world applications.
Co-Ops will be exposed to:
- Mentorship from Finance professionals
- Executives within all functions of the business
- Programming Training and opportunity for a SAS Certification, Money Magazine’s © Most Valuable Career Skill
- Participate in trainings & networking across the company with a focus on soft skills & professional development
We have opportunities across the accounting and finance teams in these areas, and you may be considered for all of them depending on your background and experiences.
- Financial Analysis: gather, analyze, summarize financial results. Assist with preparation of analysis of annual budgets, and quarterly forecasts, supporting business leaders with data driven insights that address immediate business problems.
- Accounts Payable: Process vendor invoices, research and reconcile any invoice issues. Assist with reconciliations. Communicate with vendors and employees concerning invoices and payments.
- Expense Team: Review on-line expense reports for policy compliance and accuracy. Communicate with employees to assist in the expense submission process. Research and resolve issues within our system to create an excellent user experience.
- General Ledger: Gathers, analyzes and enters journal entries into company financial systems. Performs reconciliations of financial data, researches variances and adjusts as needed.
- Payroll: Process various elements of employee and company information in Payroll. Responsible for reconciliation of employee reimbursement requests. Perform internal and external reporting as required. Communicate with and assist employees on payroll related issues.
- Direct Spend Center: Administer, coordinate documentation and process purchase orders for business units across SAS. Communicate with employees, assisting with controls and management of procurement initiatives within the Finance Division.
- Tax: The International Tax Co-op provides a hands-on opportunity to experience international tax compliance and planning. You will be part of the team delivering innovative international tax planning ideas and compliance in a timely, responsive way while creating work products in a global business environment. Projects include transfer pricing documentation, foreign tax credit calculation, U.S. tax reporting for foreign subsidiaries.
We need you to:
- Currently Enrolled in a degree seeking program and not graduating prior to May 2021. Majors can include: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Analytics, or Information Technology.
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Be a leader. You’re the one sitting in the front row of the class.
- Embrace technology. You geek out over the latest and greatest!
- Willingness to work 40 hours a week May 2020- December 2020.
- Provide your own housing for the duration of the Co-Op. We do not offer housing benefits for this position.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You’re a college student enrolled in an accredited program.
- You’ve got practical experience inside or outside of school or work.
- Proficiency in Excel is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- You’ve got a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Just like showing up for work, going to class is #vital.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn