The State and Local Government sales organization has an immediate opening for a Government Business Development role that will focus on both deliveries, working as an engagement manager and business development to expand the sales in the Iowa Region. Your responsibilities will consist of executing on strategies and best practices that will create new business revenue. Take a look at what SAS has to offer the State and Local Government space here: http://www.sas.com/en_us/industry/government.html
The successful candidate will have advanced skills and high-level experience in building consulting services, outcomes, analytics, and/or information technology, and can communicate well with the ability to help government agencies in solving complex big data analytics problems. Someone who is easy to work with and has a passion for the job by providing strategic guidance, advisement and directives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing business and creating sales opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and business/ enablers and practitioners)
- Responsible for success of analytics initiatives, programs or functions of assigned clients through continuous customer engagement
- Build references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
- Responsible for sales pipeline development and sales target achievement.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with clients including policymakers, decision-makers, operational management, and end users.
- Provide business process improvement observations and change management consultation to facilitate organization adoption and engagement with analytic solutions.
- Provide regular and recurring on-site engagement to all levels of the customer base as needed.
- Assist delivery team and customer in tactical and strategic issue resolution, seeking to resolve issues at the team level while escalating critical issues in a timely manner to ensure collaboration of resources to resolve issues.
- Facilitate the delivery of solution value to the customer, facilitating customer preparedness, training, deployment and value/ROI measurement.
- Provides consultation to State Agencies and SAS to assist in the management of deliverables.
- Provides guidance and insight to internal and external stakeholders to develop quality analytics to help drive customer mission.
- Leads the government agency-facing roles of the organization and provides strategic support to pre-sales/technical elements; involved in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Provide guidance in territory strategy development
- Identifies internal client trends and emerging issues or initiatives and helps the client and SAS properly align around those that represent a business opportunity for SAS. Supports the alignment of client needs and SAS capabilities for expanded client solution engagement.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to clients at the highest levels of management and decision-making.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific clients and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative field of study
- 5 years of experience working in State and Local Government
- Ability to travel as business needs require
- Work location of Iowa
- Associate degree in the same fields with an additional 2 years of the stated essential qualifications or a high school diploma (GED) with an additional 4 years of the stated essential qualifications
- Current contacts within the Iowa State Government market where you have become a trusted advisor to the client
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts
- Knowledge of SAS solutions, products and services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Be an energetic self-starter and possess an excellent knowledge of the industry marketplace and business drivers.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
- Ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS solutions, applications and user needs
- Demonstrated success working with executive and legislative branches of state government
- Demonstrated understanding of State Government procurement procedures and sales cycles
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.