SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS’ acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Federal Consulting practice as a Sr Project Manager. As a Project Manager in the Federal Consulting practice you will serve as the customer liaison on projects to assure success throughout the entire customer life cycle. You will interact with clients/customers, Sales Executives, Delivery Teams, and applicable departments at SAS.
Additional responsibilities will also include:
- Leading customer and SAS teams to successful project outcome
- Managing customer expectations fully
- Participating with account management teams to write, estimate and review proposals for software and services deals
- Preparing sample or high level project plans to satisfy customer requirements to close deals, identifying potential implementation options and providing recommendations on implementation approaches
- Assisting in the response to RFIs and RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and coordinating the consulting resources that are providing the technical information
- Identifying, documenting and escalating any performance issues and skills deficiencies of members of the project team to the appropriate management team
- Assuming fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating all aspects of project risk
- Communicating the role of the project manager to the project team and client by outlining authority, decision and communications chains
- Identifying and matching skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and verifying that team members know and understand their assignments
- Determine lessons learned and best practices and for collaboration with peers
- Leveraging methodologies, enablers and best practices to accelerate project delivery
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or related field.
- 10 years of experience in project management, technical customer support, sales, marketing, and/or applications development.
- Experience managing large projects in the Federal marketplace.
- Travel requirements are approximately 25% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Work Location: Arlington, VA
- MS in IT or related field.
- Strong technical background.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications and dive deep to assist team when necessary.
- Knowledge of Project Management Practice procedures and tools.
- Excellent facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues.
- Good problem-solving, organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to create project plans from scratch.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent professional training presented and validated.
- Ability to receive and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Experience leading and managing Blanket Purchase Orders with Government Agencies.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.