3rd Shift Service Desk Supervisor
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a leader on the Service Desk, you will participate alongside your team in maintaining a stable IT operating environment as well as providing IT support to SAS employees. You will be fully engaged in using defined service management processes to deliver effective IT service.
- Partner with SAS employees as a primary point of contact for reporting IT-related incidents.
- Monitor all Mission Critical and Enterprise Critical Systems that comprise SAS’ infrastructure.
- Resolve incidents utilizing excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills, technical thinking/reasoning
- Identify potential system degradation and escalate to appropriate support teams to avoid interruption of services.
- Coordinate work with IT service providers and assist with outage communications, as appropriate.
- Analyze Service Desk data and recommend changes in procedures to leadership.
- Direct daily work for the team, participating in execution of the work alongside your team members.
- Identify training needs for your team and ways to fill those needs.
- Create and maintain documentation needed by the team for successful execution of daily tasks.
- Ensure the daily work meets departmental standards, including compliance with service or operational level agreements.
- Assist your team in establishing development goals, providing feedback and direction to help them accomplish those goals.
- Work with other shift supervisors to ensure consistent 24x7x365 coverage.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus four years’ experience in IT. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may replace these requirements.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to train employees with varying skill sets.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Ability to solve problems of varying degrees of complexity
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends and holidays
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually
- Hours are 12:00am-8am with regular weekend work (approximately 2 weekends/month)
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- Experience with Service Now
- Solid knowledge of multiple operating systems
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn