Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Systems Developer on the Network Services & Automation team, you will work as part of a team to build network automation for SAS Global Network teams, create and automate ServiceNow Catalog Items for self-service as well as other general automation. Focus on building automation to enhance internal services and improve internal customer experiences. Utilize REST architecture and current web technologies. Projects offer opportunities to design and architect automated solutions, implement high-value automation, and frequently communicate with stakeholders. Fast-paced environment with shifting priorities to meet internal customer requirements.
- Provide software support for assigned products, including installation, maintenance, documentation, customization, and utilization of product features
- Write and/or modify system software routines and programs
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software
- Diagnose and resolve user and operational problems with software and hardware
- Develop and review procedures to ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data
- Modify, maintain, debug, optimize and update software, such as compilers, link editors, assemblers, macros and subroutines, as well as software defined compute (hypervisors), storage and network
- Engineer, architect, install, and configure operating systems and complex system software
- Architect system automation for consistent and reliable deployment of complex system software and hardware
- Consult with users and system administrators pertaining to system design, programming, and administration issues
- Provide weekly business hours on-call service in support of the global communications infrastructure as part of a team rotation
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Developer and/or Systems Developer
- Expert level experience with Linux operating systems
- Expert level experience debugging and troubleshooting system interoperability
- Expert level software design and development experience
- Participation in a weekly business hours on-call rotation schedule
- Excellent facilitation skills including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues
- Ability to design highly-complex software and define implementation phases for multiple contributors
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to manage projects and interface with employees of varying skillsets in a high-pressure environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong requirements engineering skills
The nice to haves
- Expert knowledge of Python versions 2.7.x and 3.x
- Experience with Django web framework
- Experience with Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Advanced knowledge of DNS and DHCP
- Experience with other networking technologies (firewalls, load balancers, routers, VPNs) and/or Cisco Certification(s)
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Proven leadership on technical projects of extreme complexity
- Collaborative team experience with superior problem-solving skills
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or high level of Linux knowledge
- Experience with Shell scripting (PowerShell, CMD, PERL, etc.)
- ITIL Framework certification
- Knowledge of cloud services and technologies
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- And how about tuition reimbursement; a training budget for you to stay current with technologies; advanced certification options, and an onsite physical and virtual library of 8,000+ books, periodicals, CD audios, DVDs and other materials to further your self-studies.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn