What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
SAS is recognized by analysts such as Gartner and Forrester as a leader in the Customer Intelligence space. With clear strategic vision, strong momentum and a healthy sales pipeline for SaaS, provision of Customer Intelligence Solution Specialists is a high priority.
What you’ll do
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Consumer and Communications Sales Division as a Customer Intelligence Solution Specialist. This is a highly strategic position where you will align internal resources and partners to sell and support SAS services and CI solutions to prospective and current Retail, Telecommunications, CPG and Media accounts.
- Position and leverage sales and business development opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Leverage digital marketing industry best practices and proactively apply knowledge.
- Proactively investigate and review topics affecting Digital Marketing (i.e. GDPR).
- Develop expert level knowledge of SAS Customer Intelligence 360 capabilities including how the solution can support customer with enhanced web analytics, unification of offline and online data, onsite campaign targeting, real time marketing and channel-based interaction (including mobile messaging and email).
- Collaborate and work closely with internal and external resources, to meet customer needs.
- Partner with cross functional teams including technical sales consultants, post sales consultants, SAS management, and SAS legal to navigate sales engagements and close opportunities when forecasted.
- Develop an in depth understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Prepare quotations and proposals; working collaboratively with his/her extended sales team to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for the provision of professional services and training.
- Lead research within a territory or account to uncover business opportunities.
- Research on reference customers and appropriate solutions.
- Work in concert with internal support teams to understand a customer’s needs and position (where required) additional value realization services to facilitate customers getting to value quickly and, in the medium term, create the basis for sustained value realization.
- As part of value realization services, be ready to:
- identify client business objectives and define client marketing processes specifically related to digital marketing.
- assist customers in development of additional use cases (per channel, or omni-channel).
- provide advisory on build of web, email and web artefacts, to assure continuity of an existing configuration, or an efficient shift to a revised configuration.
- provide digital marketing consulting, including: segmentation for end to end omni channel planning, customer journey analysis, digital lifecycle programme development, campaign programme development (optimizing for KPI’s) and performance analysis / benchmarking.
- Beyond value realization services:
- Participate in pre-sale customer assessments, prototypes, proofs of concept, and proposal preparation, as required.
- Assist internal teams through complex software sales solution implementations by helping to articulate customer business objectives, marketing processes and requirements, and typical marketing user training needs.
- Where required, support reliable delivery of Professional Service projects, as expert in the application of specific SAS Customer Intelligence methodologies, products and technologies. Including:
- scoping and defining work efforts, resource plans, and estimating project costs.
- participation in the gathering of marketing and process requirements.
- preparation and presentation to customers and / or internal facing sessions.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects, Solutions Architects and SAS Partners to strategize on opportunities for cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business / Marketing, Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of relevant experience / knowledge in the following areas:
- Digital marketing technology.
- Direct marketing with a digital marketing focus.
- Customer acquisition, development and retention practices.
- Campaign planning, execution, segmentation and targeting techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of competitive web and email analytics offerings.
- Knowledge and experience of competitive marketing cloud offerings.
- Familiarity with the major ESPs and ISPs.
- A proven track record of success working, consulting or selling into in a digital marketing enterprise.
- Extremely organized and thorough.
- Proven success building a book of business and client references through consulting engagements and business development efforts.
- Existing relationships and professional network at various levels of client organizations.
- Ability to be at customer's site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with customer(s) to solve complex business problems.
- Track record of successful customer engagements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently.
- A genuine interest in business challenges and ideation of solutions to meet customer business objectives.
- Superior conflict resolution, decision making and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills: diagnosis, root-cause assessment, option evaluation and resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Expertise or experience working with programmatic ad serving platforms (supply or demand side).
- Knowledge of SAS products, especially Customer Intelligence suite, and customer base.
- Understanding of business, analytical, and technical concepts with the ability to communicate and relate SAS’ capabilities to client needs.
- Ability to travel as much as 50% or as business needs require.
- Work location: United States.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn