The Department of Justice Account Executive provides strategic support to SAS US Government/Sales in achieving revenue targets by providing domain expertise in the department of justice; developing a government/industry/business viewpoint on SAS offerings and their alignment to goals specific to DOJ outcomes and analytics, along with appropriate representation of that vision to internal and external audiences; and providing strategic impact to the sales vertical go-to-market plans. This individual will bring to bear valuable knowledge and relationships to maintain and expand SAS’ existing technology footprint across DOJ.
The DOJ Account Executive will support identifying and aligning SAS solutions to support DOJ requirements associated with complex investigations that require sophisticated and specialized IT capabilities.
The DOJ Account Executive’s responsibility is anticipating and predicting changes in the external legislative, regulatory, policy, and political environments in the short, mid and long term; including identifying opportunities for SAS in all aspects of the DOJ administration.
- Provides business development strategic plan.
- Provides leadership of advisory and technical consulting teams associated with DOJ.
- Provides leadership with partner strategy (existing partnerships as well as new)
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support for DOJ.
- Provides guidance and insight to internal and external stakeholders to develop quality analytics to help drive improvement for the DOJ.
- Stays abreast of federal policies which drive the development and usage of analytics across DOJ.
- Leads the government agency-facing roles of the organization and provides strategic support to pre-sales/technical elements; involved in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles and white papers. May speak at internal and external industry events. Develops workshops to educate clients and partners.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management and decision-making.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with clients including high level influencers, policymakers and decision-makers.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Public Policy, Public Administration, Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline. Masters, Graduate or Doctorate degrees are considerable plus.
- 8 (or more) years of experience working in the Federal Government industry, experience facilitating large government programs with multi-agency or multi-entity coordination or supporting sales efforts for complex integrated systems.
- Experience presenting to government leaders and elected officials.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility with ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences with varying depths of knowledge regarding technology and public policy.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to relate current industry issues and trends to SAS offerings.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn