Designs, develops and delivers standard and custom advanced analytical technical training courses. Prepares and delivers mentoring services for customers, partners, and/or employees to increase their knowledge of advanced analytics and the operation and features of the company’s analytical products and solutions.
- Delivers analytical courses, mentoring services, and workshops at SAS training centers, customer sites and/or via live web.
- Designs and develops analytical training products; conducts extensive research to identify new course topics related to advanced analytics methods and how to apply the methods to specific scientific or business applications.
- Assists other analytical training consultants in workshop sessions for training courses, including advanced courses.
- Serves as subject matter experts to sales and consulting for analytical concepts, methods, and applications.
- Provides feedback to Research and Development regarding software quality issues and recommends enhancements.
- Reviews and edits documentation for the Division and other divisions as needed.
- Works with customer and other functional areas within the company to develop and contribute to the development and preparation of training materials.
- Works on special projects, which may include internal and external advanced analytical consulting projects, independently or under the direction of a more senior analytical training consultant or a project leader.
- Acquires subject matter expertise necessary to relate advanced analytical methods to specific scientific and business applications
- Develops and teaches basic, intermediate, and some advanced level statistical and other analytical courses
- Serves as mentor to more junior members
- Assists the manager with developing analytical training curriculum
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced presentation, interpersonal communication and organizational skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with users with various technical backgrounds
- Ability to travel six to ten days per month with occasional weekend travel
- Thorough knowledge of training methodologies, curriculum development, and training media
- Extensive knowledge of statistics using the SAS System or comparable analytical tool
- Extensive knowledge of company’s products and application areas; proficient in the use of SAS analytical products
- Ability to write and edit technical material and relate analytical concepts and applications to analytical and non- analytical SAS users
Education & Experience Required:
- Master's degree in Statistics or closely related field
- 7+yrs of experience analyzing data and/or teaching, including at least four years using SAS analytical products (includes but not limited to base SAS, SAS/STAT, JMP, Enterprise Miner, and Forecast Studio).
- Public speaking or classroom teaching using SAS software products or solutions for advanced analytical methods.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.