Are you a passionate sales leader? Are you an expert in evaluating how hotels, casinos, and restaurants can use analytics to enhance their customers’ experience? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment and appreciate working closely with some of the best and brightest minds in business and technology?
As Sales Manager, Hospitality and Gaming, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver a global sales strategy to drive transformation within the industry ecosystem. You’ll use your relationship building skills to help our customers solve their toughest business challenges and lead a team of Account Executives who employ a consultative approach to sell software products, solutions, and services to customers. Be ready to make an immediate impact and rally teams.
What you’ll do
- Lead team of Account Executives responsible for positioning and leveraging sales opportunities to grow and retain a portfolio of strategic hospitality and gaming customers
- Apply your hospitality and gaming expertise to build relationships, solve problems, and sell SAS software products, services, and solutions to achieve total software revenue target and business management objectives
- Plan and implement growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services
- Direct management of sales and sales support activities for team members to implement growth plans and sales activities
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers
- Assign appropriate sales goals and assignments to team of Account Executives; determine optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals
- Communicate with sales management team to coordinate account strategies
- Hire, direct, develop, and evaluate team of Account Executives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate complex contracts and bids
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process
- Determine equitable sales assignments
- Forecast software, consulting services, and education services in accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces selling concepts
- Lead sales account executives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance
- Interpret sales policies, advise sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasize the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies
- Forecast new and renewal sales on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Hire and train new sales account executives
What we’re looking for
- Five to ten years of consultative software sales experience, including previous management experience
- Experience within the gaming, hospitality, marketing, and/or CI experience is preferred, including demonstrated knowledge of the hospitality and gaming industries and/or market segments
- Demonstrated experience successfully achieving a sales target
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Proven on target achievement record
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the software industry
- Knowledge of corporate software acquisition cycles
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as business needs require, up to 50% of the time
- Preferred Locations: New York; Cary, NC; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Las Vegas, NV; other west coast locations will also be considered
- We have the No. 2 market share for AI. We can deploy in all major clouds. We’re on the forefront of Machine Learning. We’re Open. Should we keep going?
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.