Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Do you love bringing visual experiences to life through web and digital experience? Are you a big thinker, risk taker and design-savvy professional who is unafraid of navigating competing challenges and priorities? If you're interested in collaborating with some of the most creative minds in the design biz, the UX Designer role on our team might be the perfect fit for you. Show us your passion for end user experience, technology and creative design abilities.
You must be willing to jump in deep with user research – usability research, a/b testing and more. Understanding how users actually use the web is a critical must-have for designing great web UX experiences.
Providing web usability design to continually evolve and enhance the user experience of the digital channels is essential. You will create, evaluate and modifie creative for use on web properties, as well as develop designs, with
emphasis on use cases, top user tasks, business goals, user interface standards and best practices, along with user research and usability goals.
- Help to create intuitive, visually appealing and effective web designs and experiences for sas.com.
- Combine strong written skills with design, to help infuse content strategy, copywriting into design UI/UX.
- Understand how to bring to life powerful brand experiences, as well as product and technology experiences through visual and interactive design.
- Design UX experiences that help produce lead generation, and drive web visitors to relevant content and next step experiences.
- Perform user centered research including, but not limited to, persona development, usability testing, A/B testing, geo-targeted testing and competitive analysis.
- Work with constituents and stakeholders to build use cases based on an understanding of functional requirements, business goals and user top tasks.
- Maintain and evolve vision and understanding of UI/UX trends in the ever-changing landscape. Well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principles
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop requirements that will be reflected in low fidelity UI (user interface) wireframe prototypes.
- Design and develop high-fidelity wireframes, mockups/comps and functional prototypes to communicate designs and functionality effectively.
- Conduct user testing, design reviews and presentations to stakeholders as needed.
- Develop, create and code web pages based on user centered design including, but not limited to, HTML, CSS, CMS pages (currently Adobe Experience Manger), as well as, various scripting.
- Assist with development and implementation of documentation for global web deployments and web governance.
- Integrate corporate branding initiatives and standards into designs.
- Work as part of a web implementation team with expanded scope of influence.
- Influences the CMS development team to support UCD and enhanced user experiences.
- Focus on user goals and top tasks to achieve those goals.
- Recognize design challenges that may have been solved by others and whether those solutions are relevant to product.
- Seek guidance in solving design and evaluation problems.
- Demonstrate awareness of market/ competitors and knowledge of users in problem solving.
- Independently develops long term strategy for usability work on product.
- Employ a diverse set of methods and tools.
- Look for opportunities to collect user data to demonstrate that usability has positively impacted the product.
- May present to customers based on work on specific product.
- Serve as a primary source of information about user behavior in a specific domain.
- Design and runs product usability benchmark studies, usability field studies & contextual design projects.
- Guide creation of user scenarios and personas for product.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do
- 2-3 years of user experience design and analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree required in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Graphics, Design, or related field.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficient in experimental and quasi-experimental design for the purposes of usability evaluation and design comparisons
- Proficient in quantitative and qualitative data analysis including questionnaire development
- Proficient in interview techniques
- Able to identify emerging interaction patterns within internal and external software
- Create screen mock-ups to effectively communicate designs
- Develop low fidelity and high-fidelity UI prototypes
- Make design recommendations based on research findings and standard design practices
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.