Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As the Executive Communications Specialist, you will provide communication support as well as create, curate and amplify content on behalf of top level executives at SAS. This role would work to align the executive communications strategy of SAS executives, as well as contributing to the writing, editing and production of compelling and accurate content.
You will be responsible for executive communications, messaging and programs to include planning, coordinating and executing communications deliverables and activities in support of the company's executives; support sales programs and corporate goals, as directed by department head and/or group managers.
- Serve as copy editor to ensure content is engaging, error-free and in adherence with the SAS Style Guide.
- Plan, schedule and write for newsletter and other channels, including developing and editing relevant, engaging messaging, crafting and coordinating social media posts, and incorporating, creating or directing the creation of visual elements such as banners, graphics, photographs, videos and other materials.
- Develop communications plans and strategies for organizational changes and rollouts, collaborate on messaging to enable sales, help arm sales with proof points and connect communications to sales results.
- Advise internal stakeholders on how to meet specific objectives via appropriate communications tools and channels.
- Develop and consult on social media strategies to promote SAS leadership position on social media, demonstrate executive knowledge in industry trends and news, and maintain company position in key areas.
- Develop messaging to establish executive social media presence and build peer networks by maintaining up-to-date social profiles, sharing relevant content via long-form LinkedIn posts, LinkedIn updates, tweets, videos and blogs.
- Publishes to, and works in, a number of content, communications or digital platforms including SharePoint, WordPress, Sprinklr and VoiceStorm.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, developments, and current technologies and share information with management and staff.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism and mass communication or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with the following: writing, editing and managing projects or deliverables in traditional and new channels, including in internal communications, media relations or social media, video within a corporate environment.
- Proven experience using and administering SharePoint content management system.
- Experience using PowerPoint and other software to build presentations for executives.
- Experience developing and managing newsletters.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications strategies to achieve stakeholder goals.
The nice to haves
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences, both internally and externally.
- Advanced knowledge of computer/software industry and marketing.
- Full knowledge and capability to generate new content and write engaging articles using a voice appropriate for digital publication; create and modify accompanying graphics.
- Ability to publish articles for the web and email, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and accommodate content requests with tight deadlines and/or turn-around times.
- Strong editing and copy editing ability.
- Strong abilities with SharePoint, PowerPoint, graphic design, video development, SAS style guide and AP Style.
- Ability to work effectively with photographers and videographers to capture images that support communications goals.
- Script writing and project management experience.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.