Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Cybersecurity practice as a Sr DevOps Engineer.
What you’ll do
In this position, you will work as a SAS developer on the Cyber Analytics Research and Development team dedicated to the SAS Cybersecurity Product. Duties include developing and extending the core capabilities of the SAS Cybersecurity solution. This position reports to the Development Operations Lead and will be responsible for collaborating with members of the Cyber Software Engineering team to automate, optimize, and visualize analytic workflows that are tailored to the discovery of cyber threats and anomalous network behavior. This position requires a strong understanding of Enterprise systems, software packaging, continuous integration methodologies and tools, and release management.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software and applications development to include real world implementation of Object-Oriented analysis, design, and programming
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with SQL or SQL-like database technologies with proficiency in table design, data normalization, join strategies, extract transform and load (ETL), transaction management, and query optimization
- Possess ability to use Test Driven Development methodologies (Unit test and UMLs)
- Program in one or all of the following languages/scripting languages: Java, C++, node.js, Golang
- Well-versed and contribute to the improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must have designed and implemented multi-tiered applications that leverage multiple services, APIs, and separation of concerns
- Must be able to develop components within each of the layers of a solution to include user interface, services, application, and data layers
- Must be able to provide estimates based on experience
- Ability to create data-driven applications that leverages one or more client/server-side frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience with disciplined unit, regression, and integration testing
- Perform code reviews and provide mentorship to team members
- Ability to clearly communicate technical risk, challenges, and recommended solutions to leadership
- Experience managing Git and GitLab as well as sophisticated workflows within them
- Ability to develop on RHEL, writing and executing scripts
- Working knowledge of Linux package managers such as RPM
- Experience deploying, managing, maintaining, and sunsetting large Linux server environments
- Experience with build pipelines and Jenkins
- Experience supporting multiple development workflows
- Energetic, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Hard-working and motivated, able to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a diverse, team-based environment
- Detail oriented, well-organized and excellent ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, confident with customers and business partners
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Ability to relate business concepts and user needs to SAS solutions
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience with standard deployment tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience working with both relational databases such as MySQL, SQLServer, PostgreSQL as well as NoSQL/Index stores such as ElasticSearch and/or Apache SOLR
- Conceptual understanding of message brokering principles
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn