The Principal Pre-Sales Solutions Architect – Cloud Developer will be passionate about analytics and knowledgeable about the supporting platforms and cloud architecture that enable analytic solutions. You will also be curious with a drive for continuous learning. You will have a passion for developing solutions for customers’ varied business problems. At SAS, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many experts in a variety of analytical specialties. Your experience as a cloud certified specialist and expertise in cloud technology and architecture will be valued, as SAS seeks to advance our approach to market.
You will be focused on ensuring the success of SAS cloud platform sales. You will support the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction, including:
- Outlining the cloud provider architecture for cloud-only and cloud-hybrid solutions for US sales and customer requests.
- Being a prime resource for cloud provider architecture with extensive knowledge regarding IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS and the API economy to build complex solutions.
- Guaranteeing that all cloud deliverables follow relevant data and other compliance/security/privacy regulations (internal and external).
- Providing consultative services, including solution development, demonstration and positioning of SAS capabilities.
- Solving complex business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics and solutions.
- Assisting in product and cloud adoption and retention.
- Lead/Contribute to an automated SAS Software DevOps focused team for customer needs at the broader scale application development efforts (the Dev) and enterprise wide production operations (the Ops).
- Be the liaison for technology, engineering, hosting and service delivery management teams to develop solutions and deliverables focused on customer needs of today and the future.
- Work with other technical initiative and industry focus teams to support sales engagements.
- Have experience developing in an agile and collaborative environment that utilizes GitLab and/or GitHub for the change management repository
- Build a trusted relationship with Account Executives, and client accounts to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategize with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provide functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverage knowledge of a domain, industry, and SAS solutions to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Participate in discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Deliver standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers with a focus on domain and business value.
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Utilize knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings.
- Utilize general technical knowledge of computer operating systems, memory, and storage and programming skills especially as it pertains to SAS Solutions.
- Understand enterprise level business process flows in areas related to supported solutions.
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provide support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Participate in, support and/or deliver customized Proof of Concepts.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-train and knowledge transfer.
- Provide executive level sales strategy.
- Assist the sales team with complex solution sales activities.
- Use domain/industry/solution expertise to lead pre-sales activities.
- Work in more than one solution area.
- Assist during implementation/design if needed
What we’re looking for
- Experience with containers, orchestration and “serverless compute.”
- Experience with SAS administration and/or architecture.
- Experience in an agile Linux/Unix/CentOS operating systems.
- Familiarity with Business Process Management concepts, methodologies and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Statistics, Data Science, Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Requires twelve years of technical sales, systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events).
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Location: United States.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn