As a Product Manager on the Cloud & Platform Technologies team, you’ll be responsible for shaping SAS’s Intelligent Decisioning product into an indispensable tool for enterprise customers across the globe.
With your knowledge of rules development, rules management, model development, model governance, and deploying models into production, you’ll help SAS deliver value to customers who seek innovation and competitive advantage from model and decision management. You will work on a team that manages SAS’s platform strategy, shaping the future of how that platform helps customers with their entire analytics lifecycle.
What you’ll do
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on business drivers, customer inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Translate business requirements into technical, functional, and non-functional requirements.
- Define user personas and write use cases.
- Collaborate with and drive product development in R&D based on requirements management, risk management, risk mitigation, and product lifecycles.
- Support product launches as primary content provider to facilitate knowledge transfer of product functionality to marketing and sales.
- Present product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press and analysts, etc.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related discipline.
- At least eight years of experience in experience in product management, marketing, sales, consulting or related function in the technology industry, preferably with a software vendor.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with customers, partners, and industry analysts.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of making good decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple business units.
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations.
- A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to balance getting details right while still moving quickly.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as the job requires.
- Curiousity, passion, authenticity, and accountability. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience with SAS programming
- Experience with SAS Model Manager and/or SAS Intelligent Decisioning
- Expertise with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with design thinking
- Experience leading teams and/or collaborating cross-functionally
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.