As the Alliance & Channel Digital Advisor, you'll be responsible for aligning SAS Alliance and Channel Partner strategy with SAS’ Direct and Indirect Sales strategy across our most strategic partners, and our customers’ buying behavior to maximize collective business value.
You'll advise and collaborate with the Global Alliance Leaders to establish and prioritize initiatives and objectives related to their partner objectives and the broader Alliance and Channel goals. You will employ strong leadership abilities and interpersonal skills to be a positive change agent.
What you’ll do
- Work with the various teams to develop and execute plans that will lead to high-value go-to-market partner initiatives with an emphasis on net-new SAS revenue generation.
- Develop strategic initiatives including consultancy, ‘as a service offerings’ and sell-with re-sell modeling
- Collaborate with Regional Alliance Leaders to co-develop incremental and partner-led growth plans in specific strategic areas (e.g., regional initiatives, target accounts, target SAS offering segments, strategic vertical use cases)
- Collaborate with partner marketing on an Account Based Marketing approach to our most strategic partners with the objective of becoming more relevant to them and having significant greater mind-share for SAS within those organizations
- Collaborate with other members of the Alliance and Channels Leadership team to develop and execute repeatable approaches that will drive revenue for SAS with and through partners with a consistent framework, service level agreement, and rigor
- Collaborate with key constituents from other divisions (e.g., SAS Field Sales, Product Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, and R&D) to align goals and initiatives for these partners with leading and lagging KPIs identified along with the process for measurement and reporting.
- Executive Alignment. Collaborate with Alliance and Channels Leadership to identify and develop key executive alignment and sponsorship between key SAS stakeholders and our strategic partner contacts.
- Stakeholder Alignment. Coordinate SAS Sales and Partner Managers to ensure open and transparent communication and collaboration on opportunities. Develop and facilitate relationships with all GAC Leadership and SAS stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, R&D, Legal, PSD, etc.) and fully participate in the execution of joint business plans and initiatives.
- Joint Business Planning. Collaborate with Global Partner Managers to contribute to the joint partner business plans and the alignment of such to the regional business plans. Foster the execution of partner governance, strategy and influence maps, and enablement plans to support new revenue models with these partners. Track and report results (revenue, pipeline and other key success metrics) to ensure that objectives are met.
- Operational Rigor and Governance. Develop and execute regular communications plans to maintain alignment with and across the various global partner managers and the SAS Alliance & Channel Leadership team to ensure we track and measure progress to new partner initiatives (e.g. RACI models). Communicate status, adjust and align as objectives change, and communicate to SAS stakeholders those changes.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or other related field
- At least 15 years of marketing, sales, and business partner relationship development within the software application industry (including related products and services).
- 8 years of management/supervisory experience
- 2 years of Channel development/management in the software industry preferred.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent knowledge of alliance techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, Channel development working with resellers, and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Excellent knowledge of solution selling methods, particularly Challenger Sale and Revegy concepts
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated team-building and planning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time as business requirements dictate.
The nice to haves
- Current certification with the Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP)
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.