You'll be responsible for working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to define and disseminate the product direction and requirements for a collection of new and existing SAS Data Management offerings, specifically in the area of data flow and orchestration designers.
In addition, you'll be responsible for working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to define and manage various data management related programs and initiatives that help SAS stay connected on data management topics internally and with our partners and customers. You'll work on problems of diverse scope, primarily independently on day-to-day activities, but coordinating with the rest of the Data Management Product Line team and affiliated groups when necessary.
What you'll do
- Define product requirements based on customer, prospect and evaluator inputs, market direction and field contribution and will generate Market Requirements Documents based on this information.
- Drive product development in R&D based on requirements and product lifecycle.
- Develop and execute a Product Vision and Roadmap based on user personas and use cases.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of product functionality to Marketing & Sales.
- Deliver technical, fact-oriented content for pricing, positioning and collateral.
- Establish and manage OEM/Technical Provider relationships.
- Work with industry analysts to provide content and demonstrations for various reports and act as a point of contact for inbound inquiries.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Build and manage a virtual team comprised of worldwide members to help global data management stakeholders share content, best practices, demo assets, and other materials.
- Provide guidance for global sales team on SAS Data Management offerings regarding pricing, packaging contents, feature sets, migration paths, and upgrades.
- Work with the pricing and packaging team and sales operations teams to ensure alignment on global product pricing programs.
- Help to identify resources and facilitate knowledge transfers to ensure customer success and foster customer loyalty with software adoption strategies, technical deep‑dive sessions, and other customer-facing initiatives.
- Manage activities related to customer reference development, customer advisory board support, SAS-hosted conferences, and other public events.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Five years of experience in Product Management, Software Development, Marketing, Sales, Consulting or related function in the technology industry, preferably in the data management domain area.
- Ability to travel as business dictates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn