Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Software Developer in the Risk Research & Quantitative Solutions (RQS) organization, you will design, develop, and debug software of diverse scope for the RQS portfolio in accordance with designated development practices and timelines. Your initial focus will be to contribute to the development of an Asset and Liability Management solution to be deployed on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Duties will include working as part of the development team of the SAS RQS products using the SAS Business Intelligence Architecture.
- Designing and writing new or revised program language code or processing routines; actively soliciting the involvement of other developers to ensure integrity and cross-product consistency
- Working with multiple operating systems and anticipating technical anomalies and enhancements for various environments
- Performing testing of software; verifying, tracking, and fixing "bugs"; modifying software design, as necessary
- Developing software tools in support of specific operating systems, system programs, and internet-related applications
- Discussing technical and design issues with users and customers; anticipating time needed to complete projects and assists in product scheduling.
- Designing, developing, and ensuring quality of various prototype and demonstration systems
- Preparing and conducing system and program tests requiring the interfacing of hardware and software
- Determining hardware compatibility and developing compatible code as appropriate
- Performing programming tasks including program design, coding, debugging, and documentation.
- Preparing feasibility studies and designing tests to determine operating characteristics of software as required
- Assisting with the analysis, design, and implementation of software and operating system development.
- Using established practices and procedures to accomplish tasks of defined and limited scope.
- Modifying, maintaining and updating host-specific software
- Providing analysis, design, and implementation of software and operating system development of diverse scope
- Designing and writing new or revised program language code or processing routines.
- Assuming a leadership role in programming projects
- Training and directing activities of junior members.
- Performing other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Experience with software development in Java or in Go
- Experience with multi-threading development
- Knowledge of object oriented programming, analysis, and design methods at an advanced level
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns and microservices
- Very strong computer programming skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The nice to haves
- Production experience with Kubernetes on a public cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with financial applications
- Familiarity with the SAS system and good SAS programming skills.
- Strong interpersonal, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think analytically and to effectively communicate problems and fixes
- Ability to lead less complex projects
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn