Are you a PR pro who enjoys cultivating new relationships, who gets people excited about big ideas and crafts compelling, visual stories that grab attention? If you can balance novel, creative concepts with business-forward measures, we want you on our Corporate Communications team to work with our strategic partners and media on Corporate Alliances PR and Communications.
As a Corporate Communications Specialist, you will work with strategic partners on co-branded communications campaigns including media relations, publicity events, social media, speaking opportunities, awards and other attention-grabbing concepts. You will help shape how the company reaches the market with partners and how SAS communicates its vision on the future of analytics. As part of the Corporate Communications team, you will work in concert with other communications and creative teams and collaborate with the Alliance Partners and Marketing Divisions to tell the SAS story.
This role is for a communicator who has experience in managing multi-faceted communications programs for both internal and external audiences. You’ll work both individually and collaboratively to create and execute communications plans.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create communications campaigns to support programs with strategic partners, including other technology providers, systems integrators and key customers. Work with partners to bring key messages to both internal and external audiences. Develop and execute strategies to promote SAS within key partner organizations.
- Monitor media and social media coverage of SAS and its partners with an eye to messaging opportunities and reputational risks. Develop and pitch stories in business and technology media and influencer outlets including print, online and broadcast. Monitor editorial calendars.
- Write or collaborate on articles, scripts, talking points, blog posts, and other content as needed.
- Conceive and plan media events, tours and buzzworthy concepts.
- Draft and edit communications materials for interviews and key industry events (could be news releases, briefing documents, talking points, speeches, presentation development). Tailor and deliver spokesperson training/coaching for specific opportunities.
- Leverage partners’ social media presence to communicate and amplify thought leadership.
- Collaborate with various SAS teams to ensure that communication initiatives align with global messaging frameworks and timelines.
- Manage agendas and content for relevant internal meetings.
- Develop long-range planning goals and metrics for meeting communications objectives. Track and report on appropriate performance metrics for a variety of programs and channels.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, marketing, public relations or related discipline.
- Experience in PR or corporate, executive or marketing communications or related function.
- Superlative written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience managing the creation and execution of strategic communications plans.
- Familiarity with technology sector
- Media relations experience and established contacts in business and/or technology industry media and events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build strategic working relationships with executives and all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with communications channels (social media, content marketing, media opportunities) and the ability to use data to identify trends to shape communication strategies.
- Demonstrated project management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of communication concepts/functions and software tools (E.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HTML, social media platforms).
- Creativity and the ability to multi-task to solve multiple challenges at once.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.