Summary of Duties: The Principal Analytics Software Tester will exercise analytical methodologies to test and validate statistical algorithms and analytical software as well as plan, document, and perform functional, validation, and systematic testing for new and existing software.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performs numerical validation including independent coding, cross-validation with existing SAS products or third-party products, equivalence, simulation, or predictive performance;
- Reports defects, evaluates fix requests, and verifies fixes;
- Automates regression testing on all applicable platforms and maintains benchmarks;
- Reviews software design during development stage and provides feedback to developers;
- Stays current with analytical methodologies by researching literature, and participating in courses or conferences;
- Communicates with developers, product marketing managers, and industry experts to define testing strategies and coverage;
- Reviews software documentation and provides feedback;
- Assist Tech Support and consultants in resolving customer issues;
- Provides expertise in one or more areas of testing;
- Serves as a technical leader to the team in some area of the product testing;
- Trains and directs activities of junior members;
- Looks for and implements process improvements regularly;
- Develops and maintains test automation tools or test processes;
- Sustains high level of quality and productivity in developing and maintaining large volume of testing;
- Keeps current with state-of-the-art technologies, software testing standards, and procedures;
- Actively fosters and models collegial working environment by communicating ideas and techniques that increase the effectiveness of other testers; and
- Gives presentations on analytical or testing subjects with minimal management review.
Qualifications: Position requires a PhD degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, Data Mining, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or closely related field plus eight (8) years of experience in a relevant field. The Company will alternatively accept a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, Data Mining, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or closely related field plus twelve (12) years of experience working in a relevant field.
Experience and/or education in the following:
- Programming skills in data management and analysis;
- Modular programming skills (e.g., SAS Macro, functions/modules in Python or Lua);
- Scripting skills for test automation;
- Researching and numerically validating complicated algorithms and their extended versions using matrix programming or other complex software programming such as SAS IML, MATLAB and CASL;
- Software testing, methodologies, and principles; and
- Modern data mining techniques such as Neural Networks, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Drug free work environment-screening required.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.