What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Client Advisory Solutions Architect focused on Data Science in Insurance and Banking businesses. You will provide both industry and technical skills assisting clients to solve business problems while ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. In this role, you will help clients leverage the latest AI/ML algorithms and techniques in all aspects of decision support to automate and improve business outcomes. You should have the ability to present SAS products and solutions and contrast the key differentiators on competitors.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to help clients understand how best to automate processes and enhance business objectives by using SAS.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the advisory cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Strategizes with teams on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to strategic account plan and provides functional solution leadership for client opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the client to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction while informing and acting on behalf of the Account Team.
- Develop and deliver standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution prototypes and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Participates in workshops during requirements and design sessions
- Participates in solution positioning
- Liaise with client engagement teams, technical support and product management to determine best action to implement solution at customer environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events)
- Good facilitation and communications skills
- Strong customer presentation, demonstration, public speaking skills
- Narrate statistical and technical concepts to diverse audienc
- Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
- Strong programming skills – e.g. Python, R, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe2, shell, cron scripts, and SAS
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, data mining and predictive modeling techniques
- Experience in supervised or unsupervised machine learning algorithms and data modelling techniques applied in financial industry.
- Experience with Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (NLP, Data, Image, Voice, etc.), Analytics in Event Stream Processing, or Decision Management software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 50% Travel or as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- Location: New York, Charlotte, NC and Cary, NC preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) or Master’s degree (preferred), in any quantitative field, Computer Science, Statistics or related data science field.
- Requires five years of relevant industry and technical experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn