SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS’ acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
Over the last decade, SAS has advanced its collaboration and partnership within the Federal Offices of the Inspectors General. Drawing on core synergies between the Inspector General mission and SAS Solution offerings, SAS has significant engagements with 17 of the 73 OIG’s recognized within the Federal Government.
With established alignment to the mission priorities that guide and promote the Offices of Inspectors General effectiveness, SAS has served as a driving force for successful execution of OIG strategies and programs focused on Fraud Detection and Prevention, Waste and Abuse and Investigative initiatives. Leveraging our existing presence within the Federal OIG market and a long-term commitment to Fraud and Investigative Solutions, SAS has made the decision to expand its current portfolio with the establishment of a SAS Federal Investigations, Inspections, and Audits Team which is solely dedicated to the support and effective promotion of the Federal OIG community.
The formulation of this team and a defined support structure represent one of the largest growth opportunities for SAS within the Federal Government marketplace. To support the success of this team, SAS seeks to expand its workforce and onboard an experienced program lead that will be responsible for executing the strategic vision.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for account management and direct sales of SAS Solutions and Services in support of the holistic Federal OIG Community.
Location: Arlington, VA
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Working to identify, prospect, qualify and drive strategic sales opportunities for SAS within the Federal OIG community
- Determine key functional and business areas that SAS solution areas are of highest value to pursue, and then developing and executing sales plans to build new business opportunities and close revenue.
- Identify and prioritize opportunity pursuit
- Working to expand existing relationship base with key agency decision-makers, while balancing need for strong user level relationships and credibility.
- Working with appropriate internal SAS support teams to assemble and generate information including but not limited to white papers, RFX responses and other demonstration documents to shape or pursue new or existing opportunities, in addition to providing standard quotations and proposal information as needed;
- Working with other internal SAS personnel to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements in accordance with distinctive and at times unique customer acquisition and term requirements, and assisting other SAS departments as they seek to understand/justify any nonstandard elements or requirements associated with our DOD and IC customers
- Developing an understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures
- Accurately forecast opportunity timeframes to close business, while providing best possible visibility into agency decision-making and processes
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- In addition to sales and strategic engagements with all levels of decision-makers within IG offices, this individual must be comfortable coordinating with multiple groups and teams internal to SAS to shape and adapt to new areas, problems, requirements and solutions concepts;
- This leader must also be comfortable working with USG Management to direct and manage external consulting or lobbying resources.
- Experience working within or in support of the OIG Community
- Strong understanding of core OIG mission priorities and execution process
- Strong understanding of OIG policies and protocols
- Experience in program management and strategic sales
- Strong facilitation and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Firm understanding of OIG funding principles and allocation processes
- Successful experience in business development prospecting
- Previous experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing new products or services for a large business entity
- Familiarity with Center for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
- Builds trusted relationships with a variety of essential customer and influencer constituencies to forge strong position in the market. This may include relationship development and management with key decision-makers, leaders, management personnel and users within our U.S. Government OIG client agencies, as well as with influencer groups in the space
- Consistently identifying creative ways to get past obstacles in the way of goals
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate emergent mission requirements and guide SAS to meet ever-changing demands, and stay ahead of and shape formative trends
- Produces effective plans that include contingency plans for the unexpected problems, situations or scenarios.
- Understanding of and ability to influence, communicate & position industry best practices and trends
- Is capable of leveraging federal domain expertise to align SAS capabilities to critical mission sets and increase SAS’ ability to solve U.S. Government OIG use cases.
- with direct individual accountability for and leadership of the vision, development and execution of a sales strategy
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.