SAS seeks an Industry Consultant with applied public health experience focused on epidemiology and the use of public health surveillance systems for real-time intelligence. Candidate will have direct experience working in public health or health related organizations with a working knowledge of the data and modeling used in public health or health related organizations. Candidate must possess experience creating and analyzing statistical reports to inform disease trends and the use of surveillance systems to provide insights in the response and evaluation of ongoing public health emergencies. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience and network relationships with national organizations that support public health. This candidate will use their deep healthcare and epidemiological expertise to advance SAS analytic solutions, deepen industry relationships and win new business opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager of Industry Consulting in the U.S. Government business unit, the candidate will provide sales support for SAS within the federal, state and local health ecosystem. Responsibilities and functions include:
- Learns current SAS products, practices, service offerings and resources that help position SAS within the federal, state and local healthcare ecosystem and grow new customer sales and solution implementation opportunities in support of SAS disease surveillance, contact tracing and mitigation analytic solutions.
Planning and Supporting Sales Activities
- Develop and support industry specific business development strategies that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the preferred partner in the health care space for key advanced analytic capabilities and platforms. These strategies will need to address what solutions are best suited for current and future client needs for healthcare surveillance, contact tracing and similar health business needs.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings, how each solution addresses health and epidemiological business challenges, competitive analysis and positioning to identify how SAS offerings stand apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data analysis, data modeling, preparing predictive models (i.e. SAS models) and creating reports to support robust contact tracing and program evaluation to slow the transmission of the disease.
- Provide support for corporate and sales goal attainment and strategic guidance on business plan development for SAS industry-focused account teams.
- Provide support and strategic guidance to SAS sales organization leadership to develop new account penetration strategies.
- Assist with identifying additional business needs and sales opportunities to address what solutions are best suited for current and future client base for health surveillance systems
- Articulate compelling SAS capabilities at the C-level and across organizational layers
- Work with government lobbying infrastructure needs and identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to facilitate SAS positioning
- Identify competitive advances in the marketplace.
Supporting and Growing Industry Relationships
- Identify industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry that well-position SAS and its offerings
- Establish and support strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings and the demand of the industry
- Establish relationships with customers including strategic high-level influencers, policymakers, decision-makers, operational management, and end users that establishes SAS as a credible and trusted advisor for informing current and future technology and analytic needs.
- Identify competitor advances in the market
- Identify competitive partnership opportunities to further SAS solution opportunities
- Provide support all states of sales engagement to foster current account relationships to drive greater business growth.
- Build customer references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, in Biology, Health Services Research, Public Health, Social Services, Public Administration or related discipline
- Requires 8+ years of experience in health care with a focus on public health with hands on experience with data quality, modeling, analysis and reporting.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to facilitate business development strategies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends with healthcare data integration and advanced analytics applications within industry, state and local government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in industry domain policies, procedures, relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills.
- Experience supporting sales across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to non-technical internal/external audiences.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.