SAS seeks a Healthcare and Epidemiology Industry Consultant with applied public health experience focused on healthcare and population health challenges. The candidate will have a strong background in the study of the occurrence of disease and other health-related outcomes or events. Proven experience in harnessing evidence for decision making and providing insights for the planning of prevention, intervention and evaluation measures. Candidate must possess direct experience working in public health or health-related organizations with a working knowledge of health policy. This candidate will use their deep healthcare and epidemiological expertise to advance SAS analytic solutions, deepen industry relationships and win new business opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager of Industry Consulting in the U.S. Government business unit, the candidate will provide customer advisory and sales support for SAS within the federal, state and local health ecosystem. Responsibilities and functions include:
- Learns current SAS products, practices, service offerings and resources that help position SAS within the federal, state and local healthcare ecosystem and grow new customer sales and solution implementation opportunities.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings, how each solution addresses health and epidemiological business challenges, competitive analysis and positioning to identify how SAS offerings stand apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Utilizes knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data analysis, data modeling, preparing predictive models (i.e. SAS models) and creating reports to support decision making efforts, program evaluation and measurement to improve public health outcomes.
- Understanding of enterprise level business process flows in areas related to supported solutions.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
Planning and Supporting Sales Activities
- Develop and support industry specific business development strategies that enables the SAS sales team to establish SAS as the preferred partner in advanced analytic platforms and capabilities in the health care space. These strategies will assist in identifying solutions that are best suited for current and future client needs.
- Provide support for corporate and sales goal attainment and strategic guidance on business plan development for SAS industry-focused account teams.
- Provide support and strategic guidance to SAS sales organization leadership to develop new account penetration strategies.
- Assist with identifying additional business needs and sales opportunities to address what solutions are best suited for current and future client base
- Articulate compelling SAS capabilities at the C-level and across organizational layers
- Work with government lobbying infrastructure needs and identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that are needed to facilitate SAS positioning
- Identify competitive advances in the marketplace.
Supporting and Growing Industry Relationships
- Identify industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry that well-position SAS and its offerings
- Establish and support strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings and the demand of the industry
- Establish relationships with customers including strategic high-level influencers, policymakers, decision-makers, operational management, and end users that establishes SAS as a credible and trusted advisor for informing current and future technology and analytic needs.
- Identify competitor advances in the market
- Provide support all states of sales engagement to foster current account relationships to drive greater business growth.
- Build customer references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, in Biology, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Health Policy, Global Health, Social Services or related discipline
- Require 8+ years of experience in the healthcare with a focus on epidemiology and/or related areas with hands on experience with data quality, modeling, analysis and reporting.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to facilitate business development strategies
- Work location: Proximity to a major airport
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends with healthcare data integration and advanced analytics applications within industry, federal, state and local government agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in industry domain policies, procedures, relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills.
- Experience supporting sales across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to non-technical internal/external audiences.