Are you a leader in clinical operations with a passion for working with key opinion leaders, clinicians, healthcare administrators, lab personnel, scientific advisory panels and other industry experts?
Have you excelled in medical and/or regulatory oversight of medical products or devices? Do you have experience assessing and addressing regulatory and quality issues in support of Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs or brand teams?
Are you an expert in the design, execution or analysis of medical studies or health and economic outcomes research? Do you have a successful record evaluating and establishing the value of medical products, devices or opportunities?
SAS is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative thought leader to support our life sciences sales team. As a Senior Industry Consultant, you’ll help our life sciences business unit achieve revenue targets by providing domain expertise, developing a viewpoint on SAS offerings and representing those viewpoints to clients, and providing strategic impact to go-to-market plans. You’ll also serve as a resource to product management and research and development teams to ensure SAS offerings address customer needs.
What you’ll do
- Leverage your industry experience in Clinical Operations, Medical or Regulatory Affairs, Outcomes Research or related areas to support SAS’ life sciences sales organization through sales calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on focused account strategies.
- Assist the sales organization with new account penetration strategies, including all stages of sales engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develop strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key analytics partner to include the following: identifying health and life sciences trends and sources of major disruption in the industry; establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings; and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This strategy will address what to sell and how to sell and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Identify industry trends and emerging issues and defines SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues.
- Collaborate with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote life science sales and marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of life science solutions and messaging to customers and/or business partners.
- Assist with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Build credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Serve as Clinical Operations, Medical or Regulatory Affairs or Outcomes Research evangelist to increase awareness of SAS.
- Develop relationships with C-level prospects and influencers to elicit key needs and opportunities to shape future procurements and exploit other impacts (e.g. changes in regulations or operations).
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ health and life science experience and leadership.
- Identify competitor advances in the market.
- Publish industry articles and white papers.
- Speak at internal and external events. Develops workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships (e.g. technology, data, staffing, etc.).
- Communicate key business value propositions and discriminators internally.
- Communicate key technology trends in the market and help to drive SAS’ response from a sales and product perspective.
What we’re looking for
- At least 8 years of experience in the areas of clinical operations, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, risk assessment, quality delivery, health economics and outcomes research, value assessment or similar areas.
- Undergraduate degree in life sciences-related discipline.
- Proven applicable statistics, informatics, epidemiology and health outcomes database research experience at an expert level.
- Proven track record of evaluating methodologies, developing, and implementing observational database research for multiple therapeutic areas.
- Strategic application of observational data to improve decision-making and creating business value.
- Willingness to travel on a routine basis, up to 50% of the time.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Entrepreneurial perspective, including the ability to synthesize role, mission, an outcomes to lead and/or gain consensus on common ground.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
Nice to haves
- Advanced degree in epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics or other quantitative/life-science related discipline.
- Directly transferable experience with analytics tools, especially SAS technologies.
- Proven skill at developing value messaging, reimbursement and coverage strategies based on strong understanding of physicians, business managers, payers, and their decision-making systems.
- Broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and clinical research.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.