We are seeking a Solutions Architect who’ll collaborate with the manufacturing sales team with advanced analytics solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities. You’ll ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites. You’ll also develop and enhance personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process, possess a strong knowledge of SAS products, participate in and may lead the design process, and relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services.
What we’re looking for
- Solutions Architect with focus on advanced analytics, streaming analytics and quality.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry including aerospace, industrial, automotive and hi-tech.
What you’ll do
- Build a trusted relationship with Account Executives, and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategize with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverage knowledge of a domain, industry, and SAS solutions to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Participate in discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Deliver standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers with a focus on domain and business value.
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Utilize knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings.
- Utilize general technical knowledge of computer operating systems, memory, and storage and programming skills especially as it pertains to SAS Solutions.
- Understand enterprise level business process flows in areas related to supported solutions.
- Understands utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provide support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Participate in supporting and/or delivering customized Proof of Concepts.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Provide sales strategy. Use both domain/industry/solution and technical expertise to lead pre-sales activities.
- Lead more complex solution sales activities.
- Use deep knowledge of several SAS solutions in pre-sales activities and/or implementation/ design process.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated thought leader in manufacturing (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events).
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of software or applications development life cycle. Public speaking experience.
- Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Extensive travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Travel 50% or as business needs require.
- Location: US; preferred locations include: IL; TX; NC
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering, Applied Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Advanced degree preferred
- Applicable experience systems engineering, project management, applications development, technical architecture and design and/or customer support.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when positions aligned to your skillset are available. This is a great way to ensure that you are in our pipeline to be considered for positions across the business.