Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Global Hosting & U.S. Professional Services (GHUSPS) Solution Consultant, you are responsible for information architecture, data integration, software design and development in hosted SAS applications. You will work closely with customers and you will utilize your experience in a variety of SAS products to participate in design and implementation of creating software that helps people make better decisions. As a member of the GHUSPS team, you will extract data from a variety of data sources, transform data, and load it into data warehouses and marts. You will profile data for data quality; and develop and implement cleansing rules. You will also participate in BI report writing using SAS tools. Additionally, you will work with other team members to develop reports and utilize state of the art analytic techniques.
Your role as a Solution Consultant may include:
- Data Management and/or Data Integration Consultant
- BI/Reporting Consultant
- Custom User Interface Developer
- Consulting Technical Lead
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Provides deep knowledge and experience with SAS Solutions including solution configuration, solution functionality and troubleshooting.
- Ability to map customer requirements and solution design to SAS solutions using different tools, techniques and interfaces.
- Leverages detailed technical and functional knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 5 years of software application development.
- 5 years of experience developing SAS programs.
- This position must sit onsite in Columbia, SC.
The nice to haves:
- Unix skills.
- Strong skills developing with Java and/or Python.
- ETL and datawarehouseing experience in support of BI and reporting systems.
- Experience with relational and multi-dimensional databases and data management tools.
- Advanced report design and build experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn