SAS has been a pioneer and the undisputed leader in advanced analytics for more than 40 years, giving private and public sector leaders the opportunity to leverage the underlying value of their data and transform their organizations. In the public sector, SAS uses its state-of-the-art, industry-leading technology to help governments manage and leverage data to deliver mission-critical outcomes and better serve citizens.
SAS Federal is seeking a Senior Account Executive who will provide strategic sales and business development to the Federal Government. The Account Executive will work with Federal government leaders to identify and pursue opportunities where SAS’ portfolio of analytics and big data solutions can be aligned to key priorities, leveraging data to improve outcomes, operational efficiency and mission critical capabilities with unparalleled insights.
We are considering candidates with financial industry and technology sales experience selling in the Federal space. This Account Executive would support Federal Financial and Regulatory accounts, including Treasury ( IRS, FinCEN, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Bureau of Fiscal Service, Bureau of Engraving and Printing) Federal Reserve Bank System, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp and Federal Home Loan Banks. As a Senior Account Executive, you will be responsible for driving new business, developing strategic account planning, executing on this plan, and closing deals of SAS software solutions and services to U.S. Federal Government financial agencies and departments.
Primary responsibilities will be:
- Draft and execute a Strategic Plan for SAS Federal regulatory agencies based on a comprehensive opportunity analysis and install base assessment. This should consider market and political dynamics, relationships, agency budgets and priorities, compelling business needs, and SAS federal contractual arrangements
- Develop and execute, as part of the Strategic Plan, specific Congressional and Administration strategies to further SAS business initiatives and strategic expansion opportunities. This sales strategy will address what focus areas to prioritize as well as the best approach for each
- Remain abreast of relevant Federal policy-making, rule-making, budget and other legislation representing opportunities or risks for SAS’ strategic success
- Identify competitor advances in the market, and strategic partnership opportunities for SAS
- Work to identify, prospect, qualify and drive sales opportunities into under-penetrated, development, and mature agencies
- Determine which customer business areas and SAS solution areas are of highest value to pursue and then execute sales plans and strategies to build new business opportunities and close revenue
- Prepare proposal information as needed
- Work with other SAS departments to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements
- Develop an understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures
- Accurately forecast timeframes to close business and perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Financials/Banking, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related discipline. Masters, Graduate or Doctorate degrees are considered a plus
- The successful candidate would be one who has expert skills and high-level experience in the Federal Financial space.
- Experience with Federal acquisition process and selling to the Federal Government
- Ability to analyze and evaluate account dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales
- Effective and polished communicator capable of engaging audiences of varying levels, including C-level customers
- Strong leadership skills and experience with strategic sales techniques and team selling skills
- Ability to grasp the analytics space
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Work location: Arlington, V.A., Washington, D.C. or proximate surrounding area(s), or ability to travel to D.C. as frequently as necessary
- Evidence of consistent quota attainment
- Ability to relate current industry issues and initiatives to SAS offerings
- Experience selling business intelligence / analytics software
- Complex selling skills and executive-level presence
- Public speaking experience
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
- SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.