Our CIS Data & Analytics team is looking for a Contract Sr Project Manager to plan, monitor, and control cross-divisional Cloud and Information Services projects within the Data & Analytics delivery team. You will work with global project teams and senior management to achieve project objectives. Also, you will be responsible for monitoring the project from initiation through delivery while ensuring consistency with SAS’ overall strategy, commitments and goals. This position must be located in Cary, NC.
- Manages deadline-driven, team-oriented projects. Responsible for attainment of overall project objectives and goals.
- Establishes budget and delivery schedule, based on project requirements and in consultation with stakeholders and internal and external project team members.
- Determines resource needs and coordinates requests for personnel, equipment and other resources.
- Directs activities of project staff. May provide technical leadership as appropriate for projects.
- Initiates and tracks projects. Maintains project documentation including updates to Project/Portfolio Management systems, plans, schedules and status reports.
- Manages project scope and customer expectations.
- Works with team to define project goals and implementation strategies.
- Negotiates with customer about project issues related to risks, cost, time, and deliverables.
- Communicates project status to stakeholders and management. Provides presentations on projects (e.g. kick-off, scope, deliverables and schedule) as requested.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, cross-sector partners, matrixed partners, external vendors, etc.) to meet mutual goals and objectives.
- Organizes and manages assigned projects considering department, division, and corporate priorities and goals.
- Stays abreast of PM best practices and industry changes and advises on adoption.
- Assists management in determining resource needs for future projects.
- Provides technical consulting and leadership as appropriate for projects assigned to others within the group.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent organization and planning skills
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and deliver multiple or complex projects
- Ability to provide leadership for project management methods
- Strong ability to lead a project team
- Demonstrated experience with the working environment which applies to the scope of projects to be managed (project characteristics may include development, infrastructure, analytics, global, 3rdparty, compliance, etc.)
- Effectively communicates technical concepts to non-technical staff and business concepts/requirements to technical staff
- Resolves problems independently, escalates appropriately
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Global business perspective and effective global team management.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel. (Team Lead).
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry may exist at this level (e.g., dept/ peer review).
Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, a quantitative field or a related discipline
- Experience in management of data and analytics project.
- Typically requires a minimum of eight years of related project management experience.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.