Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As an Enterprise Business Analyst within the Cloud and Information Services Division at SAS, you will use your ServiceNow knowledge and experience to engage with representatives from internal business areas that currently utilize or would benefit from using the ServiceNow platform to meet their desired business outcomes.
- Contribute to the evolution of our enterprise architecture by sharing knowledge of how the ServiceNow platform can be used to meet strategic business needs.
- Propose solutions that align with strategic and tactical business needs, external market research, technical architecture standards and overall enterprise direction.
- Identify and define business solutions for all potential SAS ServiceNow users and consumers; aid in translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Serve as a liaison between the business and technical communities at SAS to foster clear and transparent communication that will encourage collaboration and ensure the accuracy of delivered solutions.
- Continue to enhance and share your knowledge of ServiceNow functionality including future releases, modules, and integration best practices.
- Ensure business readiness to adopt a solution for go-live, which may include introduction of new business processes and train-the-trainer services on new solutions.
- Work closely with the ServiceNow Architect, Platform Owner, the Service Management Office, and Demand Owners to identify ways to increase value from utilizing the platform and to accelerate delivery of new features.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- A strong, motivated business analyst who is eager to learn about our internal operations and inform decisions in this area.
- Experience with the successful implementation of ServiceNow’s ITSA and ITOM functions with a specific emphasis on CMDB knowledge.
- Ability to work on several projects and initiatives concurrently while deliver a high-quality product.
- Ability to consider and recommend other technical solutions outside of ServiceNow to satisfy a business need.
- Formal training or coursework in an IT related field.
- 5+ years of experience supporting/implementing ServiceNow at an enterprise level.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves:
- Previous experience in an IT organization, with basic understanding of IT processes. ITIL Foundations or any ITIL certifications
- Experience with the following: Application development, mobile application development, web development, design thinking, UI/UX, workflow design and development, platform development
- Experience implementing systems with Agile/Scrum methodology and/or System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience implementing the ServiceNow CSM, PPM, or Asset functions
- Strong understanding of Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management, and Release Management as it relates to ITIL
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Effective in communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff and business concepts/requirements to technical staff.
- Ability to resolve problems with minimal management assistance, escalating when appropriate.
- Strong collaboration skills with remote stakeholders to support global business needs and ensuring enterprise alignment.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn