As a Consulting Business Development Manager, US Gov, you will be responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. Additionally, you will manage a varied portfolio of consulting services opportunity assignments, forecasting revenue and identifying resource requirements for proposed services engagements. You will be responsible for leading sales efforts for consulting services including development and delivery approaches for different industry solutions. Also, you will Develop and maintains relationships with sales staff, customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful positioning of consulting services with a consistent message communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- In coordination with Sales teams, leverage methodologies and best practices to develop proposals, value propositions, pricing estimates and participates in contract negotiations for Consulting Services (Professional Services) engagements from inception through the start of delivery for new and upgraded offerings and services.
- Work with the account team to proactively develop services sales strategies to also drive software independent services revenue in support of software renewal and expansion.
- Establish ongoing, strong customer and SW Sales channel relationships to manage expectations and support long term partnerships to drive a roadmap of services opportunities; ensuring a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive message to SAS customers
- Establish strong relationships with internal SAS stakeholders including Delivery, Cloud Business Development, IT, Legal, R&D, Customer Loyalty, Pre-Sales and Technical Support teams.
- Coordinate multiple internal Consulting stakeholders in response to proposal requests, which could include Consultants, Cloud Business Development team, Architecture teams, Project Management Office, Sales Enablement, Compliance, Partner Services, etc. Leverage resources wisely and in balance with the level of qualification of the opportunity and revenue potential.
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship with the Sales teams working collaboratively on account goals and objectives including alignment with pre-sales teams, messaging and the value proposition to the customer. Provide business development support to ongoing services sales opportunities by maintaining continuity with customer, account teams, and Delivery project teams and project/program over the term of the contract/project.
- Manage services related sales revenue target including opportunity pipeline/funnel development and management; forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements.
Additional Responsibilities depending on customer size and complexity requirements could include:
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in support of customer initiatives, projects and programs and attends customer steering meetings, as required.
- Construct services road maps for customers describing deployment pathing to maximize software and user adoption.
- Schedule QBR’s with top tier services customers to perform impact analysis of current implementations in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Participate in the creation of new services offerings in alignment with Sales planning.
- Serve as the lead Consulting Services advisor for both sales and customers on large multi-phase implementations.
- Act as a liaison for Consulting involving inter departmental activities/issues on services projects.
- In consultation with SAS management, assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote SAS’ sales and marketing initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers and/or business partners.
- Works closely with sales staff and sales management to ensure successful engagement of business partners in services to customers and/or other business activities. Serves as a resource for Sales and Marketing account teams in all aspects of territory management.
- Conduct follow-up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Thorough, conceptual understanding of SAS 9/Viya architecture
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel as needed to support sales opportunities and SAS events.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Eight years of experience in sales, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry.
- Experience in State, Local government and Education sales or at least one vertical market preferred
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn