Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you'll do:
This role requires a resourceful, multi-talented individual that enjoys working with ever changing technology and that isn’t intimidated by ambiguity. You’ll be a member of an eclectic team whose primary purpose is the collective success of our internal and external customers and partners as they exploit the IoT as a means of driving meaningful business outcomes. As a member of this division, the IoT Industry Consultant – Azure Enterprise Architect will be responsible developing and implementing standard IoT architectures in support of new Go-to-Market applications and services.
- Leverage extensive industry/business domain expertise to drive strategic enterprise technology architectures.
- Act as a front-line spokesperson with internal and external stakeholders to translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
- Drive the integration of SAS analytic technologies, Azure cloud services and third-party components to support value-based, outcome driven applications.
- Partner with business development specialists, cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and Azure developers to drive standard IoT architectures.
- Engage with executive leadership and other stakeholders to ensure successful integration and adoption of solutions into business workflows/processes.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience architecting the Azure services that form an IoT solution, including data storage options, data analysis, data processing, and platform-as-a-service options.
- Advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance–this role should manage how decisions in each area affect an overall solution.
- High sales and customer orientation and pronounced consultancy competence.
- Superior facilitation, problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines and technology.
- Ability to program manage the development, delivery and validation of enterprise architectures to enable IoT solutions.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to execute against a general set of objectives creatively and in a self-directed manner.
- Travel as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, MIS, Computer Science, Business, or related discipline. Graduate coursework or advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in IoT related roles, with knowledge of streaming data sources and applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise platforms and cloud technology
The nice to haves:
- Azure IoT Developer Solution Specialty Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Azure Solutions Architect Certification
- Consulting or Applied experience in the software and/or analytics space
- Recognized as a thought leader with specialized knowledge in IoT enterprise architectures, preferably with cross-industry experience
- Familiarity with cloud hosting, development languages and open source technologies – Azure, AWS, GCP, Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, C, C++, Java, or other similar platforms
- Strong knowledge of containerization technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with SAS technology, though not required
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills across channels as well as small and large groups
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems
- Familiar with SAS or competitive products in IoT
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn