This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when positions aligned to your skillset are available. This is a great way to ensure you are in our pipeline to be considered for positions across the business.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing US Consumer and Communications Division as a Territory Sales Retail Executive. We are specifically looking for Retail Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Consultants, Sales Executives, Channel Account Managers and Business Development candidates. This is a highly strategic position where you will build, maintain, and manage sound, productive, and profitable relationships with current and prospective channel partners in order to achieve our channel goals and revenue expectations.
- Perform as territory sales lead, coach and sales trainer for our reseller partners
- Set sales goals and strategic plans for developing the most effective channel sales and marketing practices
- Review and monitor sales results, making strategy adjustments as necessary.
- Support sales processes as the “2nd Chair” to the reseller partner.
- Work hand-in-hand with resellers to progress deals while coaching/developing Partner sales rep(s) to become self-sufficient.
- Provide solution sizing and pricing; solicit pre-sales support until seller becomes self-sufficient.
- Plan and execute joint business development activities for identified set of accounts
- Assist in managing the sales cycle and closing sales opportunities where appropriate and as needed.
- Review leads generated through SAS’ lead qualification process and distribute to the assigned partner.
- Understand the partner’s business model and prepare business cases to incent additional partner investment and gain internal SAS support for the business proposition.
- Work with partners and partner ownership/executive team to gain strategic alignment with SAS.
- Conduct regular pipeline calls with resellers and direct sales (as appropriate) to update SAS’ sales systems with timely status information in order to provide accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and execute territory channel marketing programs to increase pipelines and closed sales.
- Drive consensus within SAS to build awareness of and appreciation for the channel sales program.
- Drive joint business planning to set business goals and plan to achieve them.
- Facilitate marketing activities to help partner grow their SAS pipeline.
- Build and maintain partner mindshare.
- Orchestrate internal resources on behalf of partner(s) for onboarding and enablement.
- Plan, execute and monitor the success of resell campaigns.
- Assess partner readiness and create development plans to deliver on resell campaigns.
- Perform market opportunity assessment mapped to suitable resell campaigns.
What we're looking for
- Minimum Bachelor's degree; preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other client industry relevant discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience within the Retail vertical, channel sales or channel program management, or SAS related direct sales experience.
- Ability to travel as much as 50% or as business needs require.
- Work location(s): Cary preferred; Central or Western United States also considered.
- Knowledge and fluency of the Retail vertical to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan with the reseller.
- Relationship and partner management skills.
- Experience recruiting, qualifying, managing and developing partners for a channel.
- Knowledge of all company products and services. Excellent oral and written communications skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to manage channel conflict.
- Proven time management skills. Ability to lead, balance, and self-manage multiple simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proficient in CRM tools, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to challenge and coach reseller partners to develop pipeline and close deals in a timely manner with forecast discipline and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with executives.
- Attention to detail, commitment to quality, results driven, and customer focused.
- Knowledge of SAS selling and licensing procedures.
- Strong team-selling skills.
- General understanding of business, analytical, and technical concepts with the ability to communicate and relate SAS’ capabilities to client needs.
- Innately curious and passionate problem solver.
- Growth mindset.
- One team mentality.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn