Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
The SAS Analytical Consulting and Enterprise Solutions team (ACES) is seeking talented individuals to help our customers bridge the gap between the data they have and the solutions they need. You will support customer analytic business needs through requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
As an Analytical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to:
- Analyze large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency
- Translate customer business needs and problems into into requirements for data and analytic methods, building analytic models, and presenting results
- Automate data processing and analytic processes
- Develop and enhance custom software tools
- Assist in quality assurance efforts for all ACES projects
- Acquire and maintain a detailed level of SAS product knowledge through continuing training and project delivery
- Understand, utilize, and communicate best practices and standard industry approaches while incorporating novel analytical solutions
What we're looking for
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- Analytical Programming experience, ideally in SAS, R, and/or Python
The nice to haves
- Experience with analytic approaches related to fraud detection
- Experience in accounting, financial, risk management, or tax industry domains/verticals
- Experience with public speaking, such as conference presentations or classroom teaching
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc
- Work or academic experience with information technology concepts such as architecture, databases, software development and deployment, etc
- Work or academic experience with cloud technologies such as containers, microservices, etc
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting
- 1+ year of experience programming in the SAS System
- This is an entry-level position
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in Cary, NC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve customers' complex business problems using innovative analytical processes and techniques
- Familiarity with data mining approaches.
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- Ability to work independently and with a team environment.
- Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities
- Ability to travel as business requirements dictate, up to 25%
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.