Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
In the US Public Sector Delivery team, it is our mission to empower people to operationalize game-changing solutions that impact lives. We work on America’s toughest challenges including solving the opioid epidemic, reducing fraud, waste, and abuse in government, and protecting our national security. We are passionate about the Federal, State and Local Government, and Education partners that we serve and have a dedication to their missions.
What you’ll do
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS US Professional Services, SAS invests in your curiosity by providing you a multi-week intensive technical training program. The Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to implement software to meet the complex computing and analytic needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications. To enable your successful transition to consulting services, we will also provide best practices on customer interactions.
Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Technical Consultant to provide consulting services to clients, including solution development and software implementation at customer sites, within the SAS hosted environment, or within a public Cloud.
As a Technical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work and collaborate with others on consulting projects and special projects
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies
- Utilize the latest data science techniques to build models and analyze large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency
- Translate business requirements into analytic methods and present results to customer
- Automate analytic processes
- Develop and enhance custom software tools
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or related discipline
- Academic or work experience with computer programming or demonstrated aptitude for picking up new technologies
- Must be familiar with fundamental analytical concepts with an understanding of data visualization, machine learning, statistics, text analytics or other related subdisciplines
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data mining approaches.
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
- Ability to pass a government agency background investigation
- Must be a US Citizen
- Willing to relocate or currently located in the Washington, DC. area
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.