Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do:
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a Sr Manager, Legal Reporting & Compliance to lead the application and governance globally of US GAAP and local statutory requirements for the Americas.
- Performance of world-wide legal consolidation for US GAAP
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements inclusive of footnotes and other financial information
- Manage and guide Americas (US, Canada, Latin America) statutory and legal reporting requirements as the controllership lead
- Research of appropriate recording for company transactions for US GAAP compliance
- Documentation and maintenance of worldwide financial policies and procedures
- Design global operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Ensure integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of the department.
- Oversee internal control processes and verification of invoices & payments.
- Develops and coordinates auditing functions with related departments.
- Research tax and government reporting regulations and implements necessary procedures and changes.
- Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue. Perform reconciliations as needed.
- Supervise the processing of all year-end reporting requirements.
- Participate in annual audits and special projects.
- May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
What we’re looking for:
- 12+yrs of experience in corporate accounting including 2 yrs of experience in area of responsibility: consolidations and/or statutory and/or US GAAP filings
- 5+yrs of experience in a leadership role including two years in a formal management role.
- Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in accounting or related field.
- CPA certification preferred or other recognized accountancy qualification.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong written, organizational, presentation, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and financial skills for decision support.
- Strong technical accounting skills and in depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Expertise in company financial and management reporting systems.
- Knowledge of government reporting requirements
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to build consensus across cross-functional and cross geographic teams
- Ability to train staff, as appropriate
- Ability to guide various accounting functions and ensure results are accurate, timely, reliable and thorough.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.