SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for individuals who fit our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
We are looking for a seasoned State and Local Government Business Development Specialist who has also successfully closed deals with the Public Safety community.
Criminal justice and public safety agencies have the ability to change outcomes and improve lives through the use of data and analytics. SAS can help improve community and officer safety, reduce crime and victimization and optimize criminal justice resources. In this role you will be responsible for sales of SAS Justice & Public Safety Solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts. You'll have the opportunity to make a real difference in your accounts supporting solutions and implementations that make a difference in lives of people.
- Sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers in Justice & Public Safety accounts, primarily local and state governments.
- Work with team of personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Manage broad base of existing customers focused on superior customer service, rapid responsiveness and customer retention.
- Fulfill wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospect within a territory to uncover business needs.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Team with account executives on strategic account development opportunities.
- Work closely with support teams and State account executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Develop action plans to close business for accounts.
- Prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knoledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience selling into State and Local Government including the Public Safety sector
- Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative field of study or equivalent verifiable experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.