Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) on the Enterprise Quality team in the R&D division at SAS, you will develop and support robust quality engineering solutions at every layer of the software development life cycle. You will empower your team to continuously deliver enterprise grade software to production by engineering quality into the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Create and maintain the highest quality of test automation that fails fast, uses modern development techniques, and provide key data points to support metrics-based decision making.
- Apply automated tests at every layer of the application stack, both inside and outside of the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Capitalize upon your creativity by hosting effective exploratory testing sessions.
- Produce key data that illustrates the quality of applications and develop insight that drives the direction of quality engineering.
- Work with your team to promptly triage test failures with precision and accuracy, maintaining the health of the build pipeline.
- Work collaboratively with development, product, operations, and support peers to encourage quality, as a key design element in all work efforts.
- Challenge the status quo every day and never stop improving quality engineering practices.
- Immerse yourself inside trustworthy code reviews for both product, test, and infrastructure code.
- Protect users from escaped defects, participate in support escalations, and value Customer Experience (CX) above all.
- Understand the role of deployment, migration, security, and performance in the continuous delivery lifecycle.
- Practice effective techniques for deploying and operating SAS software in a multi-cloud environment.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of enterprise experience in Software Development, Automated Testing, or similar.
- Comfortable working with web based microservices, REST interfaces, and the OpenAPI specification.
- Proficient with open source test automation frameworks: Selenium, Robot, Cypress, Pytest, Appium, Espresso, XCTest.
- Familiar with progressive test development techniques: Page Object Model (POM), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), test parallelization.
- Functional experience building CI/CD pipelines with tools such as: Jenkins, Gradle, Spinnaker, Argo.
- Proficient with source control management techniques (Git) including branching, code review, and merging.
- Comfortable with container and container orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working experience with SCRUM, Kanban, Retrospectives, and other agile processes that enable a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficient in at least one public cloud interface: Azure, AWS, or GCP.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Responds constructively to criticism, striving to become better every day.
- Adds value to teams independently with minimal guidance.
- Strong interpersonal skills that meets or exceeds the needs of the team.
- Ability to pivot quickly and seamlessly toward areas of need.
- Consistently demonstrates the relentless pursuit of knowledge and growth that defines company culture.
- Possesses a demonstrated understanding of the Customer Experience and the empathy needed to improve it.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
* You may work remotely, or you may be seated out of SAS Headquarters in Cary, North Carolina for this role.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.