SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS’ acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
SAS is seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our growing Justice and Public Safety Team as a Sr. Account Executive focused on growing SAS' footprint with the Air Force. As a Sr. Account Executive, you will be responsible for sales of SAS software solutions, and services. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of experience and senior relationships to best understand complex mission requirements and problems, which could align with SAS solution offerings and will possess a set of relationships derived from that prior work/experience which includes key decision-makers in SAS’ current and future customer organizations.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Working to identify, prospect, qualify and drive strategic sales opportunities for SAS within the Air Force
- Determine the key functional and business areas and SAS solution areas that are of the highest value to pursue toward the Air Force, and then developing and executing sales plans to build new business opportunities and close revenue.
- Identify and prioritize opportunity pursuits
- Working to expand the existing relationship base with key Air Force decision-makers and organizations, while balancing the need for strong user level relationships and credibility.
- Working with appropriate internal SAS support teams to assemble and generate information including but not limited to white papers, RFX responses and other demonstration documents to shape or pursue new or existing opportunities, in addition to providing standard quotations and proposal information as needed.
- Working with other internal SAS personnel to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements in accordance with distinctive and at times unique customer acquisition and term requirements, and assisting other SAS departments as they seek to understand/justify any nonstandard elements or requirements associated with our DOD customers
- Developing an understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures
- Accurately forecast opportunity timeframes to close business, while providing best possible visibility into agency decision-making and processes
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- In addition to sales and strategic engagements with all levels of decision-makers within the Air Force, this individual must be comfortable coordinating with multiple groups and teams internal to SAS to shape and adapt to new areas, problems, requirements, and solutions concepts.
- This leader must also be comfortable working with SAS USG Management to direct and manage external consulting or lobbying resources.
- 5+ years of experience selling into the Air Force
- Has direct service experience in one or more Armed Services branch(es) or Intelligence Agency, in addition to any prior professional experience as a contractor or on-site external resource for a branch of the Armed Services or an Intelligence Agency/community entity
- Excellent interpersonal, presentational, and organizational skills
- Individual must be able to communicate clearly, and work with industry domain, business development, pre-sales, delivery and legal and R&D team members as directed in order to properly explain, develop and secure the appropriate types of business engagements, agreements and structures to bolster SAS’ ability to be successful and innovative in the Air Force marketspace.
- Builds trusted relationship with AE and client account to lead messaging of proposed solution, business value of proposed solution, and proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction that meets opportunity/meeting objective
- Builds trusted relationships with a variety of essential customer and influencer constituencies to forge strong position in the market. This may include relationship development and management with key decision-makers, leaders, management personnel and users within our U.S. Government client agencies, as well as with influencer groups in the space
- Consistently identifying creative ways to get past obstacles in the way of goals
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate emergent mission requirements and guide SAS to meet ever-changing demands, and stay ahead of and shape formative trends
- Ably, actively, and regularly brings together a diverse and comprehensive set of human and other resources within SAS for the development of strategic plans.
- Produces effective plans that include contingency plans for the unexpected problems, situations, or scenarios.
- Is capable of leveraging knowledge of mission sets, domain and functional requirements and/or SAS solution capabilities to increase SAS’ credibility primarily in solution sales that align to critical mission sets
- Understanding of and ability to influence, communicate & position industry best practices and trends
- Is capable of leveraging federal domain expertise to align SAS capabilities to critical mission sets and increase SAS’ ability to solve U.S. Government use cases.
- The candidate will also have expertise and experience in the Air Force, but also has broad enough domain familiarity and competency to learn and remain abreast of key developments across the defense and national security and intelligence market.
- This leader must be passionate about SAS’ alignment to our military and intelligence customers’ mission sets, and energized by working in a dynamic team environment, while also comfortable with direct individual accountability for and leadership of the vision, development and execution of a sales strategy
- Strong preference will be given to individuals who have experience working/coordinating efforts with government resources on classified and unclassified direct field support
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills, and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.