Exciting pre-sales opportunity supporting some of SAS’s largest financial services customers leveraging the latest SAS software and solutions. As a Systems Engineer you will provide technical assistance for software pre-sale activities within the Financial Services Industry. You will creatively apply business analytics applications to help solve business problems and communicate these approaches to different business audiences in the Financial Services industry.
You will also prepare prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis; develop and present customized demonstrations for accounts; work with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities; plan and implement in conjunction with the Account Executive; and perform other duties as assigned.
You will need to have a demonstrated ability to detect and understand the customer's business needs; articulate the value of our solutions and offerings; and identify appropriate applications, tools, and solutions.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- White-boarding and/or framing technology architecture for SAS Software
- Solutions that demonstrates creative skills to use technology competencies to solve business problems.
- Developing and/or present technology presentations
- Developing account strategy and account plan with Account Executive and other sales team members
- Acting in a consultative role to SAS clients, including interviewing clients to capture technical information
- Assisting in the response to RFI/RFP's utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers
- Research competitive landscape
- Delivering analytical SAS Software Solution Demonstrations
- Lead Proof of Concept activities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Five years of experience in technical sales, pre-sales, marketing, or information systems
- Three years of programming in a high-level language or developing SAS applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by SAS
- Financial services industry experience required
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs dictate
- Preferred Work Locations: Cary, NC; Northeast also considered
- Familiarity with Cloud, AI and ML
- Experience presenting technical software/hardware demonstrations
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a virtual team
- Python, R, or other open source programming experience
- Experience in digital marketing, credit risk, AML or fraud analytics
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.