As an Industry Consultant at SAS, you'll provide strategic support to SAS Sales in achieving revenue targets and to Solution implementation by providing industry/business domain, change management consulting, and public policy expertise; developing an industry/business domain viewpoint on SAS Offerings and their alignment to public policy goals, along with appropriate representation of that vision to clients.
In this role, you'll articulate SAS capabilities, but most importantly must translate how SAS will uniquely position clients for a variety of functional and operational benefits including accomplishment of desired policy outcomes and program effectiveness.
We're looking for someone with in depth domain knowledge of Taxing and Revenue Collection Organizations who has a passion for helping clients solve complex problems, providing strategic guidance, advisement and directives to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in recurring validation of project progress and requirements
- Build customer references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
- Build credibility and trusted advisor relationships with customers including policymakers, decision-makers, operational management, and end users.
- Provide business process improvement observations and change management consultation to facilitate organization adoption and engagement with analytic solutions.
- Provide regular and recurring on-site engagement to all levels of the customer base as needed.
- Assist delivery team and customer in tactical issue resolution. Seeking to resolve issues at the team level while escalating critical issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the delivery of solution value to the customer, facilitating customer preparedness, training, deployment and value/ROI measurement.
- Provides guidance and insight to internal and external stakeholders on leveraging analytics to help drive improved outcomes.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management and decision-making.
- Facilitates key customer workshops to educate and inform customer of SAS capabilities.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Coordinates with sales and delivery support resources required to deliver SAS solution.
- Some travel required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business or related discipline
- Requires 15 (or more) years of experience working in the State or Local Government industry
- Requires 10 years’ experience designing, implementing or managing FTI solutions
- Requires a minimum of 3 years implementing IRS Pub 1075 compliant solutions
- Strong working knowledge of case management systems for financial, revenue and tax organizations including Audits, Collections and Refunds
- Experience presenting to government leaders and elected officials
- Experience with policy at the federal, state or local level
- Work location: Tallahassee, FL
- Good project management and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Deep knowledge of current issues and trends with Revenue systems within state and local government agencies
- Ability to relate current industry issues and trends to SAS offerings
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.