In this role, you’ll drive quality opportunities into the pipeline that result in incremental revenue across all supported Account Executive health care territories, including plan and provider accounts. It's a critical role for the success of the larger sales organization and a great place to start when moving into field sales.
What you’ll do
- Develop business opportunities with customer stakeholders across the health care sector, including health care plans and/or providers
- Translate SAS’ corporate and business unit sales initiatives into specific engagement plans for customers and territories
- Build references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities
- Support the sales team’s pipeline development and target achievement
- Assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives
- Responsible for the generation of high-quality opportunities to the field sales account executives in the territory
- Understand the fundamental drivers of the business, customers, partners and competitors.
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, and lead and facilitate discovery call logistics.
- A disciplined, programmatic approach to pipeline generation and lead qualification.
- Focus on leads generation and qualification for SAS products to current and prospective customers.
- Participate in the development/execution of strategic territory plans.
- Identifies accounts with high “close” potential, qualifies opportunities thoroughly
- Prioritize sales engagements and other activities to maximize revenue and territory performance.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, terminologies, basic software applications, operating systems, and hardware requirements.
- Generate opportunities and or appointments and by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated credibility with knack for building relationships in the health care industry
- Passion for health care, including specialized knowledge of the sector
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of hardware and software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, ability to prospect, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging C-levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts via phone and relate them to SAS system applications and user needs.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, and develop a sales plan on a consistent basis.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects.
- Ability to leverage in-depth knowledge of health care industry/market trends and complex business / finance concepts in selling.
Nice to haves
- Broad knowledge of SAS products and solutions.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants
for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.