We’re looking for a Sr. Account Executive to join our Industrial and Process Manufacturing team, focused on selling AI, ML and Analytic solutions to a set of large, named accounts.
We’re seeking someone who is customer-obsessed and ready to walk into a room backed by 40+ years of analytics innovation. We need someone who is passionate about building authentic relationships with our prospective and current manufacturing accounts. We’re seeking a problem-solver, disruptor, and someone who is ready to drive sales of our software products, solutions and services.
What you’ll do
- Structure large, transformative deals that bring together SAS technologies and services with Cloud, SI and ISV partner-based capabilities to drive business value for both the customer and SAS.
- Develop CXO relationships and work with their teams to uncover sales or partnership opportunities within named accounts.
- Manage the selling process, developing account and opportunity plans, and orchestrating engagement of v-team resources.
- Sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; work with v-team members to acquire, grow and retain named customers.
- Work with v-team to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for deployment.
- Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Travel 50% and/or as business needs require.
- Locations: Central or Eastern US preferred.
What we’re looking for
- Curiosity, passion, accountability, and authenticity. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, MIS, Manufacturing, CPG, or another relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions.
- Evidence of having created and managed large, transformative deals.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Able to rapidly learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into compelling business value propositions.
- Driven to consistently exceed goals.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, good organizational skills.
- Have mastered basic sales techniques.
- Understand buying influences and cycles of software and hardware.
- Work well on your own and as part of a team.
- Accurately evaluate a territory and develop a strong sales plan.
- Connect technical and business concepts to SAS’ products and customer needs.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn