What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Financial Services Division as a Sr Associate Account Executive. We are specifically looking for Financial Services Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Consultants, Sales and Business Development candidates. This is a highly strategic position where you will align internal resources and partners to sell and support SAS services and solutions to prospective and current financial services accounts.
- Position and leverage sales and business development opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Develop a 12/24/36 month account plan for each key client in the territory. Keys to success include understanding the client’s key business objectives, the constraints keeping the client from fully realizing those objectives, how SAS could help the customer to overcome those constraints, and the primary contacts within the client who are charged with overcoming those constraints to drive business success.
- Implement strategies for generating business development opportunities within the territory based on the multi-year account plan and the identified business needs of the client where SAS can address those needs.
- Qualify each opportunity to determine SAS’ fit, the client’s readiness to purchase, and the probability of successfully closing each opportunity by developing a formalized opportunity plan for each key sales engagement.
- Partner with cross functional teams including technical sales consultants, post sales consultants, SAS management, and SAS legal to navigate sales engagements and close opportunities when forecasted.
- Develop an in depth understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Prepare quotations and proposals; working collaboratively with his/her extended sales team to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for the provision of professional services and training.
- Accurately forecast revenues to ensure customer engagements will close when
- Lead research within a territory or account to uncover business opportunities.
- Research on reference customers and appropriate solutions.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, Finance or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four years of experience within the Financial Services vertical.
- Proven success building a book of business and client references through consulting engagements and business development efforts.
- Existing relationships and professional network at various levels of client organizations.
- Ability to be at customer's site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with customer(s) to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to travel as much as 50% or as business needs require.
- Work location: Cary, NC or NYC preferred.
- Knowledge and fluency of the Financial Services vertical to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan at both the territory and individual client level.
- Understanding of business, analytical, and technical concepts with the ability to communicate and relate SAS’ capabilities to client needs.
- Thought leadership in the Financial Services space.
- Existing Partner contacts to support and surround the client’s business.
- Innately curious and passionate problem solver.
- Growth mindset.
- One team mentality.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.