SAS is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative thought leader to support our life sciences sales team. As our Strategic Advisor for Commercial Pharma, you’ll help our life sciences business unit achieve revenue targets by providing domain expertise, develop and deliver targeted messages around SAS analytical offerings to clients, and provide influence on life sciences to go-to-market plans. You’ll also serve as a resource to product management and research and development teams to ensure SAS offerings address customer needs.
To succeed in this role, you'll be a self-started who exhibits a passion for problem-solving. You'll need to be able to connect the dots for both internal and external customers, and help provide strategic insight as to why we should move in a certain direction. In addition, you'll work across a variety of internal departments to help define creative application of data an analytics. Our goal is to advance health globally by working alongside customers to solve complex commercial pharma problems with SAS software.
What you’ll do
- Provide commercial pharma domain-led sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue growth.
- Develop a sales strategy enabling the SAS sales force to establish SAS as a key analytics partner, in context of commercial life science business problems. Activities include:
- Identification of industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry.
- Establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings.
- Articulating solutions to customers at the C-level.
- Address what to sell and how to sell it, identifying gaps in existing efforts that needs to be tackled.
- Coach the sales force on industry-focused account strategies.
- Introduce new account penetration strategies to the sales force.
- Develop & maintain relationships with partner organizations to establish focused and effective teaming arrangements that benefit sales.
- Serve as an industry advocate and thought leader, increasing awareness of SAS in the life sciences industry through activities such as:
- Industry articles & blogs
- White papers
- Speaking at internal and external events
- Identify emerging issues and competitive advances / threats in the market that impact our sales strategies.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships (e.g. technology, data, staffing, etc.) that help drive our sales mission further in the commercial space.
- Identify sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design, coordinating internally to craft the right message and story for customer pitches.
What we’re looking for
- At least 8 years serving in a commercial pharma role, with direct experience providing insights and solutions to business questions and challenges.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, clinical research and biotechnology.
- Willingness to travel on a routine basis, up to 25% of the time
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Entrepreneurial perspective, including the ability to synthesize role, mission, and outcomes to lead and/or gain consensus on common ground.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical / business information to internal as well as external audiences.
Nice to haves
- Advanced degree in epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics or other quantitative/life-science related discipline.
- Directly transferable experience with analytics tools, especially SAS technologies.
- Proven skill at developing value messaging, reimbursement and coverage strategies based on strong understanding of physicians, business managers, payers, and their decision-making systems.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.