Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
The Data Management Consultant’s primary responsibility is to deliver consulting and advisory services covering Data Management, Data Governance, and BI/Analytics strategy and implementation to new and existing SAS customers.
The successful candidate will have the ability to deliver consulting services that position the customer for success and SAS as a trusted advisor, no matter the customer’s current situation. This will be accomplished by utilizing expert skills and experience in operationalizing data management functions, communicating well and having the ability to help customers solve data analytics problems.
- Leads and participates in information and requirements gathering, collecting information about the client’s challenging situation through a variety of methods (interviews, surveys, reading documents, workshops, etc.).
- Formulates recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s requirements, capabilities, and limitations.
- Presents findings and suggestions to clients in a concise and understandable manner
- Assists the client in defining and implementing an overall data strategy.
- Communicates the value of data and facilitates the creation of data policies and common data management methodologies across an organization.
- Designs and operationalizes Data Governance programs.
- Articulates the value of solid Data Management practices including data architecture, data quality, metadata and master data management.
- Develops end-user requirements and support technical team through entire software development life cycle.
- Facilitates advisory sessions that focus on the SAS approach to establishing Data Governance and Data Management programs.
- Speaks at internal and external industry events.
- Participates in business process discussions and improvement sessions.
- Builds credibility and trusted adviser relationship with customers including high level influencers, policy makers, decision-makers, and end users
- Facilitates and leads Q&A data strategy discussions with customers
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of related experience in Data Management, Data Governance, and/or BI Analytics strategy development.
- Ability to travel as much as 50% of the time depending on customer needs and expectations.
- Clear intent and motivation to further develop skills in other domains of Data Management, analytics, AI, and cloud solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the use of Business Intelligence (BI) in solving business reporting requirements
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Good project management and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Ability to assist in assignment planning and prioritizing of tasks
- Facilitate key customer workshops to educate and inform customer of SAS capabilities
- Ability to define customer requirements and represent those requirements to technical development team(s) through-out software development life cycle.
- Basic knowledge of various data modeling techniques, SQL, and data warehouse ETL process
- Technical knowledge and the ability to develop system specifications, information models, process flow and workflows.
- Experience with data conversion / transfer of data between a variety of platforms.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical design requirements to design solutions that meet business objectives.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.