Capture Strategists (Business Development) are strategic members of SAS’ US Federal Government Team. In this Capture role, you’ll be responsible for growing the federal health business by developing and driving highly strategic opportunities into the pipeline and through the acquisition cycle. You’ll partner closely with our Federal Health Sales Team and technical stakeholders to identify, shape and win major opportunities, as well as transform SAS Federal’s health growth trajectory.
What you’ll do
- Develop business opportunities and identify new customers in the federal health accounts in collaboration with the broader sales team, pre-sales engineering teams, delivery teams, and leadership.
- Work closely to shape SAS’s government outreach and sales strategies across federal health accounts, from initial meeting through the federal IT acquisitions process to award.
- Develop customer profiles, including identification of target client needs and the most effective ways to address those needs.
- Establish and grow relationships with target executives at key accounts to translate SAS’ corporate and business unit sales initiatives into specific engagement plans for customers and territories.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a federal health capture strategy, which includes generation and execution of highly strategic, solution oriented competitive opportunities.
- Drive pricing strategy and negotiation with support from contracts team and leadership.
- Understand the fundamental drivers of the business, customers, partners and competitors.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least five years of experience in a leadership role focused on capture management and strategy in the federal health sector.
- Experience building and managing relationships across federal health agencies.
- In-depth knowledge of US Government procurement.
- Ability to think creatively, beyond traditional capture strategies to reach goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, ability to prospect, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging C-levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts via phone and relate them to SAS system applications and user needs.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, as well as develop a sales plan on a consistent basis.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment.
Nice to haves
- Broad knowledge of SAS products and solutions.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants
for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.