The Sr. Solutions Architect assists the sales team with solution sales activities to address and solve industry-specific challenges for healthcare customers. Ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides thought leadership focusing on value-based design through the creation and adoption of SAS solutions. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of establishing SAS as a credible partner with its healthcare customers. Possesses a strong knowledge of cloud, data science, and technology from SAS or open source platforms. Showcases ability to relate customer challenges and technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan, and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Builds trusted relationships with Account Executives and client accounts to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solutions and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’ credibility in sales situations.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify, and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior-level solution demonstrations, whiteboarding, and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages, and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFPs utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how SAS solutions stand apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes, and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Industry Consultants, Technical Architects, R&D, Tech Support, and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training, and knowledge transfer.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationships with customers.
- Guides customers in digital transformation and cloud adoption, understanding where SAS complements other technologies.
- Communicates key business value propositions and differentiators internally.
- Communicates key technology trends in commercial operations and help to drive SAS’ response from Sales and Product perspectives.
- Exhibits entrepreneurial approach, e.g. identify role + mission + outcomes and lead and/or gain consensus on common ground.
- Demonstrates industry credibility.
- Demonstrates ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Displays excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Understands and translates complex technical and business information to internal and external audiences.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in consulting, sales engineering, or equivalent in the healthcare field.
- Experience in leading companies to the cloud through their digital transformation, including a strong understanding of enterprise architecture, governance, and cloud infrastructure.
- Strategic application of data analytics to improve decision-making and create business value.
- Proven skill at developing messaging for healthcare organizations based on industry challenges, concepts, and decision-making systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, or other related field.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud and data science technology and architecture.
- Hands-on experience with SAS, Python, R, or other open source or cloud technologies.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Good problem-solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as needed (around 10%).
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.