What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Cloud Business Development Manager who will be responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies. In this role, you will manage a varied portfolio of cloud, hosting, and consulting services opportunity assignments, forecast revenue and identify resource requirements for proposed services engagements. You will lead sales efforts for cloud, hosting and consulting services including development and delivery approaches for different industry solutions. As a Cloud Business Development Manager, you will develop and maintain relationships with sales staff, customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful positioning of consulting services with a consistent message communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- In coordination with Sales teams, leverage methodologies and best practices to develop proposals, value propositions, pricing estimates and participates in contract negotiations for Cloud or Managed Services Offerings (Hosted and Remote) engagements from inception through the start of delivery for new and upgraded offerings and services.
- Works with the account team to proactively develop cloud services sales strategies to also drive software independent cloud revenue in support of software renewal and expansion.
- Establish ongoing, strong customer and SW Sales channel relationships to manage expectations and support long term partnerships to drive a roadmap of cloud opportunities; ensuring a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive message to SAS customers.
- Establish strong relationships with internal SAS stakeholders including Delivery, IT, Legal, R&D, Customer Loyalty, Pre-Sales, and Technical Support teams.
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship with the Sales teams working collaboratively on account goals and objectives including alignment with pre-sales teams, messaging and the value proposition to the customer. Provide business development support to ongoing cloud sales opportunities by maintaining continuity with customer, account teams, consulting services business managers and Delivery project teams and project/program over the term of the contract/project.
- Manage cloud related sales revenue targets including opportunity pipeline/funnel development and management; forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements.
Additional Responsibilities depending on customer size and complexity requirements could include:
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in support of customer initiatives, projects and programs and attends customer steering meetings, as required.
- Construct services road maps for customers describing deployment pathing to maximize software and user adoption.
- Participate in the creation of new services offerings in alignment with Sales planning.
- Serve as the lead Cloud Services advisor for both sales and customers on large multi-phase implementations.
- Act as a liaison for Cloud Services involving inter departmental activities / issues on services projects.
- In consultation with Institute management, assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote Institute's sales and marketing initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers and/or business partners.
- Works closely with sales staff and sales management to ensure successful engagement of business partners in services to customers and/or other business activities. Serves as a resource for Sales and Marketing account teams in all aspects of territory management.
- Conduct follow-up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- 1 - 5 years of experience in sales, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry. Experience in at least one vertical market preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cloud computing and digital transformation.
- Thorough, conceptual understanding of SAS 9/Viya architecture.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel as needed to support sales opportunities and SAS events.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
Location: Cary, NC preferred, but open to location for the right candidate.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.