As a Business Development Specialist on the SAS Health team, you’ll be responsible for leading, implementing, and driving SAS’ health care business development and partnership strategy with current and prospective partners.
You’ll focus on either payer or provider accounts to create new business revenue and provide strategic guidance, advisement, and directives to internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you’ll leverage your domain expertise to grow our SAS Health business.
If you have a knack for cultivating relationships and are committed to helping health companies solve complex big data analytics challenges, we invite you to apply. We’re seeking candidates who are passionate about the health care industry.
What you’ll do:
- Develop business opportunities with customer stakeholders across health sector with a focus on either payer or provider accounts.
- Provide direct industry domain support for the SAS Health’s business plan development and execution.
- Translate SAS’ corporate and sales initiatives into specific engagement plans for customers and territories.
- Responsible for success of analytics initiatives, programs or functions of assigned customers through continuous customer engagement.
- Build references and support strategic opportunity growth through project expansion and identification of new sales opportunities.
- Support the sales team’s pipeline development and target achievement.
- Build credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers including executives, decision-makers, partners, and end users.
- Provide business process improvement observations and change management consultation to facilitate organization adoption and engagement with analytic solutions.
- Provide regular and recurring onsite and virtual engagement to all levels of the customer base as needed.
- Provide guidance and insight to internal and external stakeholders to develop quality analytics to help drive customer mission.
- Provide strategic support to pre-sales/technical elements, sales teams, and marketing teams involved in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Identify customer trends and emerging issues or initiatives and help the customer and SAS properly align around those that represent a business opportunity for SAS. Support the alignment of customer needs and SAS capabilities for expanded customer solution engagement.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers at the highest levels.
- Participate with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans.
- Assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speak at internal and external industry events and manages relationships with key industry associations/organizations. Develop workshops to educate internal and external audiences.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated relationships and credibility within the health care industry
- Experience working for either a health care payer or health care provider with specialized knowledge of these markets
Other knowledge, skills, and experience
- Ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Be an energetic self-starter and possess an excellent knowledge of the industry marketplace and business drivers
- Ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS solutions, applications and user needs
- Experience managing relationships both internally and externally to an organization
- Demonstrated ability to drive incremental revenue
- Knowledge of SAS solutions, products and services preferred
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.