We’re looking for a Sales Manager to lead our US Transportation Team, focused on selling AI, ML and Analytic solutions.
We’re seeking someone who is customer-obsessed and ready to walk into a room backed by 40+ years of analytics innovation. We need someone who is passionate about building authentic relationships with our prospective and current transportation accounts. We’re seeking a problem-solver, disruptor, and someone who is ready to drive sales of our software products, solutions and services.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for achievement of the team’s total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs)
- Create and implement growth plans for software, consulting services, hosting and education services.
- Direct management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assign appropriate sales goals and activities to sales staff; determine optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales leadership team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing, and evaluating staff.
- Work in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determine equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting of software, consulting services, hosting and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward sales approach and utilization of CRM tools, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Travel 50% and/or as business needs require.
We’re looking for someone with experience in
- Coordinating large v-team resources and promoting strategic selling concepts.
- Leading sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interpreting sales policies, advising sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues
- Accurately forecasting new and renewal sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hiring and on-going training of sales executives.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware, software, and transportation industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transportation industry accounts and/or market segments.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Engineering, MIS, or another relevant field.
- Requires ten years of experience in software sales, including two years in a leadership role, managing sales teams within the technology industry.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and facilitating positive change in the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: relationship skills, culture fit, technical skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.